Goddard Nymph 8ft '6 Fly rod

The Constable Of Bromley Rods forum.
Badger
Grayling

Goddard Nymph 8ft '6 Fly rod

Post by Badger »

Constable built a range of fly rods to John Goddard's specification for Efgeeco. I have been on the look out for one of these for ages and finally tracked one done in very good condition complete with ferrule stopper and original bag. I am thinking of pairing it with a little Sharpes " The Gordon" reel or maybe a Hardy Viscount Mk1. As John Goddard used to fish the Kennet quite a lot, I plan to give it its first outing there in May. This finish is matt as he believed the flash of gloss varnish could spook the fish on clear chalk steams. Going to fish it with a 5wt silk line.

"An undisturbed river is as perfect as we will ever know, every refractive slide of cold water a glimpse of eternity" - Thomas McGuane

Paul F
Sea Trout

Re: Goddard Nymph 8ft '6 Fly rod

Post by Paul F »

Very nice find Badger, looks almost unused.
The reel and silk line will work a treat, although I would match it with a hardy LRH lightweight

Nobby
Wild Carp

Re: Goddard Nymph 8ft '6 Fly rod

Post by Nobby »

That looks a lovely set-up.

I'm sure JG was right, he seemingly co-wrote a fine book which covers the subject of flash extensively, recommended by Jack Hargreaves on his TV show all those years ago. At least I think it's the same feller.......

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-trout-fly-n ... 0385171412

I confess I was pretty sceptical until I read it......I thought the sun would have to be at just the right angle etc etc....

Return to “Constable Of Bromley Cane Rods”