Chub

Re: Constable of Bromley - History and Models

Post by Tizer »

Happy days,thankyou

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Post by Wagtail »

Tizer, I had a rod that was missing a few inches from the bottom of the tip section. It still worked fine when repaired to the broken length so it might be worth using what you have, and seeing how you get on with it, before bothering with a potentially expensive replacement :Hat:
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

Thanks Wagtail, I tried sending Chapmans a e mail just to get a rough idea how much one would cost.What had happened was the top joint had lost 5 " of the bottom,so the bloke rounded the hexagonal off and refitted the ferrule,I put it all together and got my missus to hold it,i put a modest bend in it and it snapped in the same place so it will lose another 2".As you said I will prob mess about with it and refit the ferrule and will have to re.space the eyes.

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Post by Wagtail »

Depending upon the taper at that point, a total loss of 7" might or might not lead to a change of action which could be a problem. Of course you won't know for sure until you try so good luck and fingers crossed.
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

Thanks Wagtail,Could you put a name to my rod from what I have said in my posts

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Post by Wagtail »

Sorry Tizer I don't know much about Constable's rods, but perhaps someone else will see this and help. Some pictures would assist if you can post them up....

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

:Thumb:

PondLife
Perch

Re: Constable of Bromley history and models

Post by PondLife »

Parabolic wrote:
Catfish.017 wrote:I'm sure there was a 10' 6" rod called T he Colt?
Catfish, was this spilt cane, whole/split, glass? Coarse or fly?
All built cane whipped in red.. used to have one and for some unfathomable reason i sold it .

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Anyone know were they were based in Bromley?
Mr B.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Whopper
Minnow

Post by Whopper »

There was also a 'Superb Carp', see the link below!

https://vintagefishingtackle.co.uk/prod ... -carp-rod/
Catch your dreams...

Return to “Constable Of Bromley Cane Rods”