Post by Parabolic »

Updated list with:

Forty Fore Heavy
Firefly fly rod

Parabolic
Dace

Re: Constable of Bromley - History and Models

Post by Parabolic »

After a lengthy gap, the list has been updated with the addition of the Supreme Traveller Carp (10'6").......They're still coming!

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

Hello,I have just got a Constable of Bromley rod,which is my first split cane rod at a boot sale,the price was £12 ,I offered £10,but I had to pay £12 in the end,I didn't really look at the rod because I was to excited at owning a split cane rod,it is a bit tatty but I thought as well as owning it it could be my first atemp at restoring a rod.It has the Constable of Bromley transfer and just under that it says 12'.then below that there is the number 126m or something.Anyway it turns out the rod is 6" shorter than it should be,If the tip had lost 6" it might have been ok but the 6" has come off the bottom of the top joint.My fault I know,i should have looked it over,but I can not help being wound up because he must have known about the damage,I was just playing with it and it snapped where he had re.fitted the male ferrule on the top joint.........I would like to meet the bloke again,...................The whippings are green and red with red intermediats.Can anyone tell me what rod this is and will I be able to get a top joint from somewhere.? Thanks

Badger
Grayling

Post by Badger »

I'm breathless just reading that and slightly stressed and confused ! I'm not sure what was broken and by whom and when.

The good news is you have paid twelve quid for a cane rod by Cliff Constable, one of the finest rod makers in England.

Do you have any photographs you can share with us ?
"An undisturbed river is as perfect as we will ever know, every refractive slide of cold water a glimpse of eternity" - Thomas McGuane

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

£12 ??? Were you wearing a mask and striped jumper ??? A fine catch, Sir !!! :Hat:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

Thankyou........I think.The top joint was broken at the male section and he had rounded of and re.fitted the ferrule,I had stripped the bottom section and re.whipped the eye on and the intermediates,Didnt look to good but I done it myself,happy days.I put it together and got the missus to hold on to it and I pulled the tip round and it snapped at the male section on the top joint.Thankyou for your reply.I will try to put some pics on tomorrow.

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

AshbyCut wrote:£12 ??? Were you wearing a mask and striped jumper ??? A fine catch, Sir !!! :Hat:
Thankyou,Made me feel a lot better.Either that or the 6 cans of beer ive just had :Hat: .................But can you tell me anything about the rod :cheers:

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

What's your budget on having a tip made, Sir ? If t'were I, I'd be making a call to John Chapman and talking to him.

http://www.chapmanblanks.co.uk/
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

AshbyCut wrote:What's your budget on having a tip made, Sir ? If t'were I, I'd be making a call to John Chapman and talking to him.

Thankyou,Didnt they just shut down.

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Tizer wrote:
AshbyCut wrote:What's your budget on having a tip made, Sir ? If t'were I, I'd be making a call to John Chapman and talking to him.

Thankyou,Didnt they just shut down.
No Sir, John is still "at it" well worth a phone call, despite the damage I think for £12. you have done very well. Save up a bit, get a new tip from Chapman and ether rebuild it yourself or ask Dr cane (wallys cast) to wave his magic wand over it, you have potentially a very very nice rod :Hat:

Return to “Constable Of Bromley Cane Rods”