Super Chelt

The Ogden Smith Rods forum.
MGs
Pike

Super Chelt

Post by MGs »

Did anyone snaffle this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331223935649? ... 1423.l2649

I must admit, I was really tempted, especially at this price. Interesting looking rod with a nice spliced tip
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: Super Chelt

Post by AshbyCut »

I was watching it too ... but missed it by being out in the garage getting things ready for tomorrow !!!
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

Ashbycut go to the bottom of the class told you to watch it superb rod somebody got a real bargain
Bumble

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

I must say I was so, so tempted. Looks like a lovely rod. Would have been better still as my dad could have collected it, saving the postage. Not sure the wife would have approved of yet another cane rod "cluttering up the place"
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

The Old Buffer
Crucian Carp

Post by The Old Buffer »

I did see it and thought it looked a nice bit of kit. As I already have two similar rods I thought it too much of an undulgence but someone certainly got themselves a bargain.
The coiled line travels from the reel, it brings up at last, the hook goes home, and then begins the test of skill. "BB"

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

That's partly my excuse too, as I already have 5 Precision Rods of a very similar configuration. Sorry Bumble, Sir !!! :whistle:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I only didn't bid because I though Bumble was going to bid for it.......worth £23 for the bag alone....sniffle......

Return to “Ogden Smith Cane Rods”