Ogden Arun

The Ogden Smith Rods forum.
Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Re: Ogden Arun

Post by Ljm183 »

Wallys-Cast wrote:So no Ogden Smiths trade marks on their rods Bumble just hand written. Have you any more of their rods with same writing on..

Wal.
Wal have a look here for some more Ogden Smith writing.
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=10725

Lee.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Thanks Lee, thats a nice looking rod now mate, a lovely job. Were those barrel shaped reel rings original to the Warren Hastings rod.

Wal.

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

Wallys-Cast wrote:Thanks Lee, thats a nice looking rod now mate, a lovely job. Were those barrel shaped reel rings original to the Warren Hastings rod.

Wal.

Wal

The barrel shaped reel rings were not the original and i didn't use them in the end as they were a bit cheap, i managed to get a set of good quality ones from Barney.

Lee.

James
Rudd

Post by James »

Just restored a Ogden Smith Arun with the original script ,same as Bumbles spigot ferrules also they have the same reel bands that B James used.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

That is lovely James, an excellent job.

James, I would be very grateful if you could answer a couple of Questions for me.
Does your rod have a Ogden Smith stamped or engraved butt cap and can you tell me the cork handle length including butt cap and the diameter of the whole cane just above the handle collar..

Many thanks..
Wal.

James
Rudd

Post by James »

Hi Wal, No engraving on the alloy butt.I have seen a few of these rods and i dont remember engraving on any?
The cork handle is 24 inches.they are much the same rod as early B James Avocets.A very elegant rod.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

James wrote:Hi Wal, No engraving on the alloy butt.I have seen a few of these rods and i dont remember engraving on any?
The cork handle is 24 inches.they are much the same rod as early B James Avocets.A very elegant rod.

Thank James
Much appreciated..

Wal.

HWKWallis

Post by HWKWallis »

OSA VFC2.jpg
...unrestored script, reversed but consistent hand?...

Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Whopper
Minnow

Post by Whopper »

I have several Ogden Smith Arun rods and they are all different in appearance, inscriptions, thickness and action.
If you want to buy an Arun, you should give it a waggle before you buy it!
Catch your dreams...

Coral Maestro
Chub

Re: Ogden Arun Ogden Smith's Croydon shop

Post by Coral Maestro »

In the Ogden Smith's Season 1956-57 catalogue there is a photo of the Croydon shop and address:
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Return to “Ogden Smith Cane Rods”