Marco 'Arun' Refurb

The Modern Arms Company Rods forum.
Galician
Ruffe

Marco 'Arun' Refurb

Post by Galician »

Two years ago I purchased an ARUN which upon receipt was in a dreadful state: all whips damaged or missing, all ferrules cracked (apart from male tip which is marked no: 10). Logo's OK though. However upon a closer inspection I could see the cane was in a good sound condition and decided a refurb was in order, just had to save it. Removed damaged ferrules and all remaining whips, guides and varnish. Noted the guides placements, silk colours etc used and then parked the Rod for later completion. Have now decided to finish the Rod but cannot find my notes, typical of me these days, and will be grateful for any info regarding guide and inter, positioning and silk colour guide. My Rod is the 10'6" version with the number 3562 just above the cork handle.
Hoping somebody can help me, many thanks.
GALICIAN

CWK
Perch

Re: Marco 'Arun' Refurb

Post by CWK »

Andrew Davis aka James of this parish makes a lovely replica of this rod . Perhaps he would supply you with the information you require ...

Richard Jackson
Brown Trout

Post by Richard Jackson »

Hi Galician, do you still require info for this rod ? If you do please drop me a pm
I spend most of my life fishing the Rest i just waste

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I think there are at least 2 "Arun" rods - one made by Marco and the other one by Ogden Smith.

viewtopic.php?t=5434 ----------- Marco
and
viewtopic.php?t=11158 ----------- Ogden Smiths

AD copy is of the Ogden Smith version I believe - beautiful ---- and rare!

Return to “The Modern Arms Company Ltd Cane Rods”