Any ideas ?

The Modern Arms Company Rods forum.
Richard Jackson
Brown Trout

Any ideas ?

Post by Richard Jackson »

would any of you fine gentlemen know which marco rod this is please , it is 10 ft 11inches
3 piece , whole cane butt and mid section , split cane tip ,the handle is about 22 inches it has no model name or serial number or the elasticane logo ,i am thinking it maybe The Thames de lux model the guides are low bell and look original along with the intermediates , the button and the reel fittings
I spend most of my life fishing the Rest i just waste

Stour Otter
Grayling

Re: Any ideas ?

Post by Stour Otter »

Hi Richard, I have an all split cane version of this rod called the "Medway De Luxe", so as the bottom section is whole cane, could this be a "Medway". The rest of your description mirrors my rod.

Regards
Stour Otter
The good angler is not the one with expensive equipment. Common sense, observation and trying to realize
what is happening above and below water will catch fish no matter what price equipment you fish with.
L.A. Parker - This Fishing 1948

Richard Jackson
Brown Trout

Re: Any ideas ?

Post by Richard Jackson »

Hi Stour Otter, i have a medway -not deluxe model ,which is split cane and although all the sections are correct length measures 9.5 ft ,this may well be an eary model of the medway ? But it seems there is still very little known about marco rods
I spend most of my life fishing the Rest i just waste

Return to “The Modern Arms Company Ltd Cane Rods”