Art of Bernard Venables.

This forum belongs to Bernard Venables MBE.
Scott
Tench

Re: Art of Bernard Venables.

Post by Scott »

It's a lovely piece, put your foot down, get it on your wall!

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

I have had this particular drawing 10 years, it cost me £120. It is a nice size as well, 28" x 18" approx. on quality artist board. I have others that are not of an angling connection apart from Art of Venables 2. I sold a Rapidex reel in a dedicated leather case that was an Angling times prize a year or so ago and the guy walked off with a Bernard Venables owl that I have purchased from John Searl. He did not literally walk off with it. Bernie V rocks!!!!
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

id put my foot down if i was you its a great picture

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I found a fair bit of non-angling art by BV online...he was comfortable in several mediums and in several styles....a true talent.

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

I would love to have a original Bernard Venables art work on my wall, especially a drawing from Mr Crabtree of course, my favourite book. My daughter when she was younger copied an illustration from the book onto a box canvas for me as a present and that still hangs on the wall, I am sure that is ok copyright wise.

Luga00
Brown Trout

Post by Luga00 »

Lovely piece of artwork. I'm very jealous. Incidentally, it used to be common practice for right handed anglers to transfer the rod to the left hand for reeling in or playing a fish as the handle was on the right hand side. Indeed Venables himself used to do this as evidenced in his TV broadcasts.
Russ

Return to “Bernard Venables MBE”