Angler's Corner

This forum belongs to Bernard Venables MBE.
MGs
Pike

Angler's Corner

Post by MGs »

I have just finished re-reading BV memoirs. There is a brief mention at the end of a series of programmes made for the BBC called Angler's Corner, made in 1963. Does anyone remember this? I have had a search on Yourtube, with no luck. I presume these programmes are now long lost
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Michael
Tench

Re: Angler's Corner

Post by Michael »

There were eight programmes made, each approximately fifteen minutes long, covering bream, tench, roach, chub, salmon, grayling, trout, barbel fishing. It’s a very basic programme; each episode follows the same format. I obtained a dvd with all the programmes. You can still get it on line, a quick google…..

http://extratorrent.com/torrent/156782/ ... s.avi.html

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

Thanks. I'll give it a go

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

I can't get any of the links on the Torrent site to work. I'll keep looking

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Be very careful downloading anything to do with TORRENTS MGs , they are not safe unless you know what your doing. You only have to look at the pop ups!!! AND DON'T SIGN UP FOR ANYTHING!!!!!
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

PDuffield
Grayling

Post by PDuffield »

Good advice Mark, those are not free downloads, you have to sign up for an account and at least take out a trial paid membership to download the files.

All, please be careful using any download sites that claim to be free, but then ask for credit card or other payment details or offer you a free trial or a trial membership for a nominal amount. They are rarely what they seem, and giving your credit card or bank details online is a risky business. At best you will find that you have signed up for a regular recurring payment, at worst you have compromised your credit card or bank account.

If you do pay for download services, its best to use paypal, that way your payment details are not disclosed to the third party, and you can cancel any recurring payment on the paypal website.

Unlike direct debits with your bank, you can't easily cancel a recurring payment set up on a credit card by contacting the card issuer, and if you can't stop the payments by contacting the website you joined the only way to stop the payments is to cancel the card and take out a new one.

As someone who was in his twenties before affordable home computers even existed, I think the internet is an amazing resource that we didn't even dream was possible 30 or so years ago. In the last few years I've been able to find TV programs on youtube that I never thought I'd ever see again, but I've also learned that the internet, just like towns and cities, has dangerous areas, and you have to be careful.

I'd like to get a copy of Anglers Corner myself, so I'll do some searching and if I can find a safe download I'll post the link.

Paul

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Well explained Paul. :thumb:

Please be aware of this advice.
Mark (Administrator)

where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

I never sign up for anything I am not sure about. These programmes only seem to be accessible via Torrent, which I wouldn't sign up for, not only that, I run Linux not Windows, which prevents access to some online material.

Oh well. Looks like BV will have to remain a mystery

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Have a look at this link MGs, I think you'll see what you have been looking for.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Angl ... html&st=10
Mark (Administrator)

Return to “Bernard Venables MBE”