Precision Rods 'R. Sealey's Lightweight' - 9ft. version

The Precision Rods forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Precision Rods 'R. Sealey's Lightweight' - 9ft. version

Post by AshbyCut »

Winging it's way to me is this 9ft. version (to join the 7ft. version I already have) of Precision Rods "R. Sealey's Tudor Lightweight" ... a 2 piece all split cane rod in need of some TLC. Better photos when it arrives.

Image Image
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Stuart Whiting

Re: Precision Rods 'R. Sealey's Lightweight' - 9ft. version

Post by Stuart Whiting »

Oooow....very nice indeed, can see that's been well looked after :Hat:

Harry H
Tench

Post by Harry H »

"In need of some TLC" I'm sure it will get when it arrives at the house of Sealey :Hat:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

56?
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Prince of Durham wrote:56?
erm ... and 57 being collected next month ... and a line on 58 (possibly). :Scared:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Nice acquisition, does the 9 ft version have a heavier line rating than the 7 ft?
I have the 7ft version also, in very near mint unrestored condition, I worry about using it and hooking a fish which may over power it. The rod looks very delicate to me, beautiful, elegant but delicate!
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Jeremy Croxall wrote:Nice acquisition, does the 9 ft version have a heavier line rating than the 7 ft?
Hard to say until I have it in my hands, Sir ... though I suspect it will be a slightly higher rating than the 7ft. version which weighs in at only 3.65oz !!!!!

I'll keep you informed.

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

AshbyCut wrote:
Jeremy Croxall wrote:Nice acquisition, does the 9 ft version have a heavier line rating than the 7 ft?
Hard to say until I have it in my hands, Sir ... though I suspect it will be a slightly higher rating than the 7ft. version which weighs in at only 3.65oz !!!!!

I'll keep you informed.
look forward to seeing more pics when you receive the rod. I think they are quite beautiful, too good to be hidden away in a rod bag!
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Return to “Precision Cane Rods”