Precision Rods 'R. Sealey's Match Winner JFT"

The Precision Rods forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Precision Rods 'R. Sealey's Match Winner JFT"

Post by AshbyCut »

I'm excited to say that next week I'm collecting an example of the Precision Rods "R. Sealey's Match Winner JFT" which has been offered to me out of the blue by a jolly fine fellow who has seen my little website. He found it in a second-hand shop in South Yorkshire.

It's a typical Robert Sealey rod ... being 3 piece, 12ft., with a reed butt, reed/whole cane centre, and whole cane/split cane tip. It also has the almost obligatory black lacquered finish on the reed and whole cane.

This will bring my Precision Rods collection to 12 rods of 11 different models (I have 2 identical 'Brumas' rods). At what point does fascination become obsession ??? Answers on a post card to .....

Better photos when it arrives Chez AC.

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: Precision Rods 'R. Sealey's Match Winner JFT"

Post by AshbyCut »

Just back from collecting the rod, thanks to the taxi driving skills of Mrs. AC.

A cracking addition to my little collection, which has been re-guided at some point so could be taken to the bank immediately ... but it needs some TLC to bring it back to it's cosmetic best.

I wish I knew what or who 'J.F.T' was ... but not knowing seems to add to the charm and mystery of the rod !!!

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Might the JFT refer to some type of ferrules?

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Post by LuckyLuca »

Very nice AC!

Not sure you should use the word obsession in your posts! We're well beyond that!
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Obsession - certainly not - responsible and dedicated enthusiast is the correct terminology. Looks to be a fine addition indeed. Well done.

Gord
Crucian Carp

Post by Gord »

i have 2 match winners qne is about 6 inches short but still nice to use and the other one is very nice to use but i am preaching to the converted and i see it is an early model too
when you are going through hell just keep on going (winston churchill)

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

Hmmmm...nice...then nicer....Hmmm .....very nice.

I can see how the fascination grows :doh:

I was over the moon for many years with my later model MKIV's, then stupidly bought an earlier Ealing onion handle....now I want 2 more and my later models although wonderful are now just a stepping stone to my new eye candy and will probably be sold.

I can see how your "attraction" (better word than obsession when defending yourself) grows. I really must do a bit of research and look at these.

Hmmm....extremely nice :whistle:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Gord
Crucian Carp

Post by Gord »

if you try researching precision rods you wont get to far because there is not a lot out there
when you are going through hell just keep on going (winston churchill)

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

There's one of these coming up soon at the same auction house where I got the Surestrike. May check this out.
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Return to “Precision Cane Rods”