Precision Rods 'R. Sealey's Precise'

The Precision Rods forum.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Precision Rods 'R. Sealey's Precise'

Post by AshbyCut »

Just won this rod on a certain internet auction site for £37 +£8 for 'signed for' delivery.

It's a Precision Rods 'R. Sealey's Precise,' a 12ft., 3piece rod with a construction configuration of a whole cane butt, a whole cane spliced to whole cane middle, and an all split cane COMPOUND TAPER tip. The handle needs a good clean ... but apart from that it appears to be in good, usable condition. Hopefully you can spot the compound taper step-down in the third photo ... just below the guide (it's the second one up from the ferrule).

I stressed the 'compound taper' as I already have an example of this rod ... and where could i get a replacement tip for that price in case I damaged mine in future ???

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Re: Precision Rods 'R. Sealey's Precise'

Post by Bumble »

Very nice Mal
Bumble

Davejass
Rudd

Post by Davejass »

Yes! Well done I was watching that out of interest. I had never heard of that rod before. I thought it was a good buy.
There were no bids on it for days! Hope it is as good as it looks.
Dave@ Hastings

Crucian
Eel

Post by Crucian »

Looks like another nice rod Mal, good price too.

Return to “Precision Cane Rods”