Info please

The Rodrill of London Rods forum.
Gudgeon Jim

Info please

Post by Gudgeon Jim »

I have had this rod 7-8 years now and wondered if any of you could throw a bit of light to what it is
It measures approx a 2pc 9.5 ft with a 25" handle all guides are lined with brass reinforced ferrules. Sadly one needs replacing.
The tip is not what you call delicate but having said that ive seen thicker.

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Re: Info please

Post by Vole »

Not a Rodrill I've seen before. 9'6" suggests a ledger rod, but lined rings throughout suggest a spinning rod, aimed well up the market - think salmon or sea-trout. If the tip ring is not threaded for a swing-tip, that would further suggest a spinning/worming rod. I've not tried worming, but I'd have thought a sensitive tip was needed, so this was probably for belting out Kynoch's and Tobies for beasts that could really argue their point. Is it a bit tasty as a carp/barbel stalker in "tight" swims?
Keep us posted as/if you find out more; short-run rods from this maker keep popping up, and they're starting to look to have been quite an enterprising and versatile outfit.
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Gudgeon Jim

Re: Info please

Post by Gudgeon Jim »

Thanks Vole ive used it a couple of times for piking the last time the fish snapped the ferrule and on closer inspection the joints were not pushed together properly :oops: (THE FISH WAS A NORFOLK MONSTER WELL WHAT I SAW OF IT BREIFLY)
I thought with the sliding reel bands it was a ledgering/pike rod but im sure it would work well as you said on close in carping

Return to “Rodrill of London Cane Rods”