It's an A.E Rudge but what is it?

The A. E. Rudge and Son Rods forum.
Kevanf1
Arctic Char

It's an A.E Rudge but what is it?

Post by Kevanf1 »

This is the Rudge that I purchased last week for the princely sum of £10 in a junk shop in Blue Anchor Bay (West Somerset). Does anybody recognise it from the photographs? It has a whole cane butt section with a handle of full corks which is 18 inches in length. The middle and tip section I am not sure of the material. It may also be whole cane or it may be glass? The rod is 128 inches (10 foot 8 inches) long in total. It has a delightful medium tippy action that quickly gives way to giving that bit more power to the mid section. It is not a rod to use for targeting barbel and carp :Scared: It will be very much suited to roach, perch etc. I would be happy enough to target small chub to about 3lb with it.

The tip ring only is lined and I believe this is original. The butt section should have some form of cap on it at the end but this is sadly missing :Cry:

To conclude, I have a feeling this may have been marketed as a boy's rod, possibly a de-luxe version as it does feel lovely in the hand. Here are some photographs of it. Hopefully somebody might just recognise it and be able to put a model name to it?

Image Image Image Image
Currently reading......Go Fishing For Bass and Go Fishing For Skate and Rays both by Graeme Pullen, The Kill Switch by James Rollins, Raspberry Pi Manual - Haynes, 'Make: Electronics by Charles Platt' & the 'Myford series 7 manual by Ian Bradley'

Kevanf1
Arctic Char

Re: It's an A.E Rudge but what is it?

Post by Kevanf1 »

More photographs.... Image Image Image Image
Currently reading......Go Fishing For Bass and Go Fishing For Skate and Rays both by Graeme Pullen, The Kill Switch by James Rollins, Raspberry Pi Manual - Haynes, 'Make: Electronics by Charles Platt' & the 'Myford series 7 manual by Ian Bradley'

Return to “A. E. Rudge and Son Cane Rods”