leney stockings

This forum belongs to Chris Ball.
FinnLewis90four

leney stockings

Post by FinnLewis90four »

Hello my name is finn and I've always been interested in what strain I am fishing for.. I fish a little lake in essex and have been led to believe that they are an ancient stocking of leney. My dream would be to see if the amazing chris ball could just have a flick threw his book and see if and lakes near Braintree essex had been stocked in previous years. This would put to mind at rest:)
rivers and there inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate fools to pads by with no consideration. -isaak walton

Nobby
Wild Carp

Re: leney stockings

Post by Nobby »

It's not so much a book as a whole series of ledgers of one mans entire working career. But folk passed carp on to others anyway so the ledgers don't tell the whole story.

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Welcome FL94, just down the road from you by the sounds of things! Hope you find your answers but I guess it doesn't really matter that much if you've found a nice place to fish.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Any photos of the fish?
What size do you think they go to?
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

You're not fishing at that really creepy place are you?
The Split Cane Splinter Group

FinnLewis90four

Post by FinnLewis90four »

Some people say it's creepy haha. Yeah there are beautiful fish in there or once was.. that have been dying sadly:( I've had an ancient linear from there that I will try and put a photo up of it.. anyone got any experiences or true story of the place?? Called rectory pool or Bradwell lake in essex. Some of the greats have fished there once upon at time....

Return to “Chris Ball”