Some Good news for the Essex Roding.........

This forum belongs to the River Roding.
Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: Some Good news for the Essex Roding.........

Post by Mark »

It is done sir. :thumb:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Pedro

Post by Pedro »

BarryK wrote:I just got the following information from one of the BDAC fishery Oficers:

Some excellent news for the Roding, the following paragraph courtesy of J.Le.S. the EA and TAC

"On Wednesday Myself and ###### attended at ####### on the Roding to meet with the EA who had picked up 2500 Chublets,roach and dace from Nottingham that morning.We spent the next hour transferring the fish from the oxygenating tanks to buckets and releasing them in the river.

Fantastic is how I would describe it!

####### took photos for the Club newsletter and the Carp Show at Brentwood in a few weeks where the Club has a stand.
The fish were about 1-2 years stock between 40-50mm."

PS - can we have a dedicated forum for the Roding, rather than having to post in 'other rivers'?

Many Thanks and a Merry Christmas to all

BK
Great news.I used to fish the river in the 60s with my grandfather and caught my 1st Chub,Perch and Pike from Passingford bridge area.

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Such great news... :)

DaveM
Rudd

Post by DaveM »

That really is great news for a nice little river that needs a bit of a helping hand due to quite a few pollutions (and other problems) in the past.

Bigoll
Silver Bream

Post by Bigoll »

Brilliant news! The Roding is under a lot of pressure from poaching, mink and pollution (mainly in the past, fingers crossed), while many stretches of it are difficult for fish to flourish in. I hope as many of these new fish as possible survive, grow to maturity and spread out along the Essex stretch. I look forward to catching a few of them in the future!

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

As a member of ODAS (Ongar and District) I can report that the river is indeed flourishing at the moment, just recently a 3lb perch was taken from the club length, (sadly not to my rod) but there are chub to 4lbs, roach to 2lb, and even barbel to about 5lb in isolated pockets, the worrying issue is the presence of crayfish in our stretch... but overall the news is good with some quality fish coming out... nice to see a tiny river producing the goods, and even nicer to see the same little river attracting the attentions of your good selves... I have spent many a happy hour trundling up and down it's banks in me youth
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

St.John
Tench

Post by St.John »

Super news!
"Be patient and calm-for no man can catch fish in anger."

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

great news- i remember in the 70s there being more roach than water on the shallow runs above Passingford and its good to hear of a recovery (again!)

Andrew Banham

Post by Andrew Banham »

A batch of 2000 chub at 150mm (6") at shonks mill were restocked recently. Would like some bream or barbel however one must not be greedy when rivers up and down the country need restocking.

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Andrew, thats great news I'll have to give the Roding a go again soon

Return to “River Roding”