Delmatic bail arm required

The J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels forum.
Kirpan
Bleak

Delmatic bail arm required

Post by Kirpan »

Hi, just picked up an Allcocks Delmatic Mk2 at the bootfair and everything seems fine, except the bail arm, which has suffered from the dreaded rust, and I was wondering if anyone has a spare bail arm ?
many thanks

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: Delmatic bail arm required

Post by Dave Burr »

Kirpan wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:06 pm Hi, just picked up an Allcocks Delmatic Mk2 at the bootfair and everything seems fine, except the bail arm, which has suffered from the dreaded rust, and I was wondering if anyone has a spare bail arm ?
many thanks
They are like unicorn droppings my friend. My delmatic went the way of the dreaded broken bail arm and I never found a spare. The only way to replace one seems to be to find another Delmatic that is knackered but which has a decent bail. Such a journey is the stuff of legend and will take you to strange you new worlds and life test experiences - it would make a great feature film. :Chuckle:

Good luck :Thumb:

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

They are out there, but when found they're not normally sold on due to the rust problem on the Delmatics.

Look out for the Reel First Aid Kit No. DY1 This will have spares for the Ambidex Mk6, Mk9, De-luxe and the Delmatic 2.

Or look out for the Mk6 swan and the De-luxe as the bail arm should fit the Delmatic.

Kirpan
Bleak

Post by Kirpan »

I bet everyone wants a reel first aid kit, I just don't want to buy a reel only to scrap it .

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

If you can get hold of a reel with a decent bailarm, you will then either way have your own small spares kit.

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Kirpan
Bleak

Post by Kirpan »

very true !

Return to “J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels”