Sea Aerial

The J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels forum.
Damflask
Grayling

Sea Aerial

Post by Damflask »

A recent purchase. The line pins are bent.
Against all the odds it works beautifully.
I’m going to use it for pike fishing.ImageImageImageImage

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Re: Sea Aerial

Post by Wagtail »

Pleased it all works.... assuming it came from "that place online" I was tempted to bid but the seller's exhaustive description of faults put me off!
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Damflask
Grayling

Post by Damflask »

It did!
I thought that I’d take a chance anyway because my grandfather used one for pike fishing and the other similar reel on ‘that’ site was 400 quid.
The reel foot was bent, so I bent it back and half an hour with an old toothbrush and some light oil did the trick. I’m really pleased with it.

Chavender
Eel

Post by Chavender »

looks just the ticket ,good choice i'd say plenty of space for line .not too heavy or bulky . :Thumb:
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! Steve

Wagtail
Arctic Char

Post by Wagtail »

Damflask wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:15 pm It did!
I thought that I’d take a chance anyway because my grandfather used one for pike fishing and the other similar reel on ‘that’ site was 400 quid.
The reel foot was bent, so I bent it back and half an hour with an old toothbrush and some light oil did the trick. I’m really pleased with it.
Fortune favours the brave :Hat: :Thumb:
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

That is a splendid purchase - warts an all - good luck in the Pike quest, very fitting you should give it a whirl - after all your Grandfather did use one - so the tradition continues.
:Hat:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Return to “J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels”