Christmas came early

The J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels forum.
Silfield
Brown Trout

Christmas came early

Post by Silfield »

Today the postie knocked on the door asking for a signature. I was at work but seeing that it was half term my wife was at home with the kids, so I got a call saying I had a parcel and have I been buying more bloody reels? Well and truly busted I thought! How can I work my way out of this predicament?
"Oh, you know you said a few weeks back that you didn't have a clue what to get me for Christmas or birthday, well you don't have to worry about it any more. You and the boys have brought me something I will cherish for a long time.....and it was a bargain " Mentioning the word bargain sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't but it was worth a punt!
On arriving home after work I was presented with a box and 'that look' that hints that I may not be out of the woods yet. The box was opened and these two Allcocks reels were inside.

ImageImage

I have been after an Allcocks C815 or similar for a while now and when these two came up at auction I thought I would put one low bid on and see how it goes, only to be pleasantly surprised when I got an email a week or so later with an invoice.
The wife is quite taken with them and I am sure the swelling will go down soon :Happy:
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Return to “J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels”