Allcocks Aerial Popular line guard?

The J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels forum.
AllRounder
Brown Trout

Re: Allcocks Aerial Popular line guard?

Post by AllRounder »

I thought that looked familiar it wasn’t until I looked at the date on the original post that the penny dropped.

Here it is in its new home!

I shook hands with Fredline at Redditch a while ago. It’s every bit as good as it looks. :cheers:

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

It looks like it is in very good company. Nice.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Mikey11
Ruffe

Post by Mikey11 »

[/quote]

Hi Mike,
If you are after having a custom built wire line guard fitted to your own reel, you will just need to find a competant engineer.
There are a few guys on the TFF who may answer to your request, I would post a request on here, asking for help with a line guide.
There is also reel maker Gary Mills who could help.
[/quote]

Thanks Paul. Was wondering if there may be some generic guards available. Something to think about for a later date.

Thanks again,
Mike

OllyKite
Stickleback

Post by OllyKite »

Nobby, you are right about the 'C815' curiously being advertised with an image of a pre war reel (7950) in immediate post war catalogues. It has a rim lever check in the illustration. Was the POPULAR produced post-war? I don't think it was.
'look, Dad, its lying flat'!...'Yes,Peter,wait'....presently it moves across the water and slides under...'Now,Peter. STRIKE!'

Visit www.qualityvintagetackle.co.uk

Return to “J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels”