Coxon Aerial in action.

The J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels forum.
Reedling
Catfish

Re: Coxon Aerial in action.

Post by Reedling »

Absolutely stunning pictures badger1 you can see everything so clearly and what a lovely action to that rod, it looks like some in reserve lower down as well if needed. Seeing pictures like these just reinforces the reasons why I love to use wooden rods for Angling. Excellent, Reedling. :Hat:

Estaban

Post by Estaban »

Great photos Badger1

BBamboo

Post by BBamboo »

Very nice :Hat:

Woolly Bear
Chub

Post by Woolly Bear »

Badger1 :Hat: , absolutely brilliant , as long as your careful those reels will be fine , I have never winched directly onto a centre pin , I would always use the pumping action myself , your asking for trouble just bending into and winching :Hide: KINDEST REGARDS . Woolly Bear . :Hat:

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

What a fantastic looking reel. I love aerials, how much would a coxon set one back?

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Badger1
Roach

Post by Badger1 »

Thanks for the comments on photos gents.

"Woolly Bear" - Yes, I've been using ebonite Aerials for many years now and as yet I've not had a issue. But if you're a ham-fisted oaf, or someone who gets a bit...."keen"....then really they are not for you.

One little safety warning for you all....ebonite being a plastic then if a fish decides it's off a run you may well get a little friction build up between drum and you :). Make it all the more fun. ttfn

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Lovely pictures Badger1.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Kingfisher wrote:What a fantastic looking reel. I love aerials, how much would a coxon set one back?
A couple of thousand at least! :shocked:
http://www.mullocksauctions.co.uk/lot-5 ... tting.html
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Badger1
Roach

Post by Badger1 »

Ah Snape - that's a slightly iffy Roller-back Coxon on that Mullock's link. Yes that model will be a few thousand even in rough condition. The Coxon I used last week is not a Roller-back model but in fab condition. As with all Aerials they vary massively in condition which will determine the price unless you just happen to find a bargain. A PM sent to Kingfisher regarding what you could expect to pay if you wanted one quickly etc.

Return to “J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels”