Another bedraggled specimen drags himself aboard...

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
St.John
Tench

Re: Another bedraggled specimen drags himself aboard...

Post by St.John »

Hi vole, welcome home...
"Be patient and calm-for no man can catch fish in anger."

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

Perhaps I ought to say (I was going to save it for the "names" thread) that I tried to sign up as "Grumpalump", but it fell down the back of the cyber-sofa; a second application as a small mammal went through smoothly, and here I am, enrolled and envoled.
I had a Staples Corner childhood, so it was Welsh Harp, Grand Union at Perivale and Alperton (wish I'd known about the "Hole in the Wall", much nearer home), Tidal Thames, Hampstead ponds, then Cassiobury (deep joy - CHUB! proper fish!) and now I'm in Barnet, Jack's Lake, the Lea, Stanborough and Holwell Hyde.
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

GloucesterOldSpot

Post by GloucesterOldSpot »

Vole wrote:Perhaps I ought to say (I was going to save it for the "names" thread) that I tried to sign up as "Grumpalump", but it fell down the back of the cyber-sofa; a second application as a small mammal went through smoothly, and here I am, enrolled and envoled.
I had a Staples Corner childhood, so it was Welsh Harp, Grand Union at Perivale and Alperton (wish I'd known about the "Hole in the Wall", much nearer home), Tidal Thames, Hampstead ponds, then Cassiobury (deep joy - CHUB! proper fish!) and now I'm in Barnet, Jack's Lake, the Lea, Stanborough and Holwell Hyde.
Ah right - I think I know who you are now. We meet again.

Stanborough - good grief. Rob Maylin called it the cracker factory, and it's not far off. The river was quite nice though. I caught my first double-figure carp from the lake many years ago, on floating crust running up off a small bomb. Ten pound four it weighed. Then, on the very next cast, I go and get a ten-fourteen. Nearly made it a hat-trick next cast, but I missed it! My friend had his first twenty that day, also on crust. We ended up raiding the bins by the cafe to find scraps of hot-dog roll for bait...

Jack's Lake was the first place I ever fished with rod and line. Did you ever look at Moat Mount?

SeanM
Tench

Post by SeanM »

Hello Vole!
Quot homines, tot sententiae.

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”