From Lancashire

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Troydog
Tench

Re: From Lancashire

Post by Troydog »

Welcome sir
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

John_Moore
Silver Bream

Post by John_Moore »

Welcome from Chorley Myford
I love the Ribble to great Barbel & Chub I might go in search of a large Roach which I was recently told about.
Time is of the essence.
Good luck on the forum John.

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Just below the upper tidal reach for those John. Shaws Arms area. Start of autumn/around the 1st ground frost is a good bet. If we can play any of our cards this season?

Myford
Minnow

Post by Myford »

John_Moore wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:05 pm Welcome from Chorley Myford
I love the Ribble to great Barbel & Chub I might go in search of a large Roach which I was recently told about.
Time is of the essence.
Good luck on the forum John.

Thanks everyone.

A Chorley lad - thanks John. I spend most of my fishing time either in Chorley, Withnell or on the Ribble.

It’s much further up stream I fish it on a private stretch at Balderstone, still have the odd dabble at Wood Cutters and Mitton thou.

Hope I get my pair of Hardy LRH finished in time for when we can start going again – only around two weeks off from what I’m being told. New Rings are here tomorrow (I hope!)

John_Moore
Silver Bream

Post by John_Moore »

Thanks Myford
I fish on a Wigan anglers ticker on the Elston stretch biggest chub 6lb4oz biggest barbel had two different fish of 10lb2oz
each, thought I'd broken my pb with the second as there was 12 years between catches one but alas it was the same weight. Largest I have heard of is a 14lber caught at church deeps Preston I think that's on the Southport ticket.
Can't wait to get out again John.

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”