Hello from West Sussex

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Taz
Stickleback

Hello from West Sussex

Post by Taz »

Hello all, I am usually known as Steve or Taz . I originally come from Haslemere in surrey but now are based in South Ferring near worthing in west sussex and have been fishing rivers and still waters around west sussex and surrey since I was a young lad, now that I am based in ferring I am fairly close to the West Sussex Rother which is where I have spent a lot of my time on and off over the years. the tackle that I use consist of a 6'10" 4 weight split cane fly rod with a hardy reel attached and that seems to take care of most of my fly fishing, I also have a 11 ft split cane rod that my wife had built quite a few years ago for me to use on the rivers, this has almost always got a Trudex MKII centre pin reel attached and my last rod of choice is a davenport and fordham MK IV farstrike carp with a Mitchell 300a reel attached ( I have a few other built cane rods that are now very old and have been retired to hanging on the wall in my den ) I find that using this tackle on a quiet river bank it is like going back in time and that is something that I very much enjoy. I have been lucky enough to retire very early, which allows me to pick and choose my time to fish which are often at very quiet times. Anyway thats enough rambling on from me, who knows hopefully our paths will cross on a quiet riverbank some day.

Steve (aka Taz )

Sussex Dave
Gudgeon

Re: Hello from West Sussex

Post by Sussex Dave »

Hi Taz.. I spend my weekends in worthing and will be fishing the rother and other west Sussex waters.. I would be happy to meet up and fish with you sometine regards David..

Taz
Stickleback

Post by Taz »

Sussex Dave wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:45 pm Hi Taz.. I spend my weekends in worthing and will be fishing the rother and other west Sussex waters.. I would be happy to meet up and fish with you sometine regards David..
I would be more than Happy to meet up and fish when you are down this way.

Taz.

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Welcome to the forum Sir :Hat:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

OldAngler
Perch

Post by OldAngler »

Hello Taz,

Welcome.
Can any rod be too old to use? My favourite is my Mk 4 Avon which I made in 1963, from Ted Oliver blanks, which I still use frequently.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Welcome to the forum Taz :Hat: :cheers: :fishing1:

Tom
Rudd

Post by Tom »

WELCOME!
Tom

Taz
Stickleback

Post by Taz »

Aitch wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:00 pm Welcome to the forum Sir :Hat:
Thanks for the welcome.

Taz
Stickleback

Post by Taz »

Tom wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:52 pm WELCOME!
Tom
thanks for the welcome.

Taz
Stickleback

Post by Taz »

OldAngler wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:30 pm Hello Taz,

Welcome.
Can any rod be too old to use? My favourite is my Mk 4 Avon which I made in 1963, from Ted Oliver blanks, which I still use frequently.

Probably very true, perhaps no rod can be too old. the main rod that is on my wall and doesn't get used now ( or perhaps I should take it for a outing now and again ) is a three piece rod called " The Medway" ... all that's written in the blank is " The Medway, Reg Trade Mark" I don't know much about the rod apart from it was given to me by a elderly chap probably 30 years ago, at the time he said he had owned it for ages but not used it in a long time. when I took over ownership of the rod I did use it on and off for the first ten years, then it got hung on my wall and hasn't been touched since... wouldn't have thought there was any value to the rod apart from the fact its previous owner was a friend of mine.

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”