Hi from Correze!

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Coral Maestro
Chub

Re: Hi from Correze!

Post by Coral Maestro »

Mole-Patrol wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:20 pm They are only 'river' tench by default. Much of the middle Charente is very sluggish and can be fished like a still water. However I did encounter one near to Chateauneuf-sur-Charente in running water. I peered into a swim that was 12 foot deep under the rod end and there were three fish in it; a tench and a barbel, both around 6lb, and a carp around three times that size. I dropped a bait in and the carp took it and trashed my line. :rant:

Loads of bream in the River Lot. I can catch them as quick as I can chuck them up the banking :laugh:
Carp have a habit of doing that! It's difficult to find a still water in the UK where you can fish fine for roach, rudd or crucians without being "done" by carp.
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Coral Maestro
Chub

Post by Coral Maestro »

Coral Maestro wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:33 pm
Vole wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:23 am Hello and welcome!
Was that News of the World rod an ebay purchase, by any chance? I seem to remember not checking up on one such awarded to a Mr R.W. Humphrey, which was a bit dim of me (for which I have form) because a dace of exactly that weight was accepted as the British rod-caught record (Hants. Avon, 1932). If it was that one, well bagged!
I'll have to check up on that. The name sounds familiar but I'm currently away from home visiting Norfolk. When I get back i'll try to confirm if it was Mr Humfrey and see if I can post some pictures. It was a purchase from the Bay of E.
Hi Vole, I've posted some pictures in the section for Other Traditional Cane Rods. I'm certain it's the rod you refer to.
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

Excellent! I've just seen the other thread and have to agree you've done a fine job, it's nice to know it's in better hands than mine!
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”