Hi all, new North West member here....

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Re: Hi all, new North West member here....

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

Lets pray that the god that is James Anderson is fit and taking part....
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Lovatt
Perch

Post by Lovatt »

Hi welcome to the forum
Last edited by Lovatt on Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SkimmingTheCream
Chub

Post by SkimmingTheCream »

Welcome to the TFF BB. I originate from the Bolton area or the dark side as my Sheffield born daughter calls it..

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Once again everyone, thank you for the kind welcome....

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Welcome Sir!
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Mick
Chub

Post by Mick »

A very warm welcome to you BB!

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Thanks guys...

Iasgair
Chub

Post by Iasgair »

Wecome BoltonBullfinch. I'd like very much to hear about you being born again many times. Is there any chance you'll be born again soon, and if so, please post it, we'd like to read about your adventures.
Worry less about who you might offend, and care more about who you might inspire.

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Iasgair wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:25 pm Wecome BoltonBullfinch. I'd like very much to hear about you being born again many times. Is there any chance you'll be born again soon, and if so, please post it, we'd like to read about your adventures.

Hi, the born again comment was referring to the fishing during my existence of 62yrs. I fished from the age of about ten, going to local mill ponds up here in Bolton on my own with my 6ft pale green spinning rod and a little tin centre pin type reel. Then came various upgrades in tackle, then when I was 14yrs old I fished for Bolton juniors in the junior national on the Lancaster canal, I caught two fish and weighed in half a ounce lol, that says a lot about my fishing....
I packed it in when I got the 'calling' to the pub, and females suddenly stopped becoming annoying.
Since then I have fished on and off throughout adulthood, but I have to confess there have been more barren years than active years mainly due to breeding border terriers, hunting and keeping British finches.
I last fished in 2016, got rid of some stuff, but luckily kept the two cane rods I purchased, a large wicker basket, a couple of cheap centrepins, and actually joined this website, but never contributed. So I presume the traditional bug was germinating at that time.
So now it's traditional fishing and fiddling about with traditional fishing stuff, hopefully, till the day I lay down my rod for the last time.

Thanks
BB

Iasgair
Chub

Post by Iasgair »

That's fantastic. We were on the same page as in "born again" , so I understood you well.

I started fishing at a young age as well, five to be exact, and it was my grandfather who taught me the traditional ways when it came to fly fishing. I may use modern rods at times, but nothing can replace my cane rods.

I even took a few years off from fishing after my grandfather passed, but I still find some, not all, but some females annoying. I'm married now, 34 years last July, so the ladies have been off the radar for a long time. But my wife lets me fish as often as I want, so I figure I have caught a keeper in her, ha ha.

I'll be headed soon to a place I call the Lions Den to fish, and will post it up when I get back with hopefully many photos. The members here send me personal messages asking for more photos if Colorado, so I do what I can.

In Wild Waters,
Terryll
Worry less about who you might offend, and care more about who you might inspire.

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”