Hello from Deepest Norfolk

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Re: Hello from Deepest Norfolk

Post by Duebel »

Welcome to the TFF, Ian!
Greetings from Bamberg
Martin

JW1
Grayling

Post by JW1 »

Welcome Ian, I grew up in Norfolk and regularly fished the Little Ouse at Thetford for huge roach and the River Thet for good pike, but that was a few years ago, so perhaps things have changed.

JW

Gobio Gobio
Grayling

Post by Gobio Gobio »

Welcome to the forum Ian.

Mitch300
Roach

Post by Mitch300 »

Welcome to the forum, Ian, from a fellow mechanical engineer. Your comments about others joining the `fishing arms race' and losing touch with some of the magic of fishing ring very true. This is the place to restore your faith in the simple pleasures of a relaxed day's fishing with traditional equipment.

G. B.

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Welcome! Enjoy the forum!
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

A warm welcome Ian.
If you are ever Brundall way let me know and drop by as having recently moved I have some old bits and pieces that deserve a good home ..
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

JW1 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:53 pm Welcome Ian, I grew up in Norfolk and regularly fished the Little Ouse at Thetford for huge roach and the River Thet for good pike, but that was a few years ago, so perhaps things have changed.

JW
Oh how I loved those days...big dace too. There are a few nice fish show in Thetford town centre but apart from that the river has been polluted by Watton Produce, ottered by roving animals and on a canoe trip last summer to Santon Downham I found everything from discarded crude tackle to staked lines or drinkers with lines tied to a stick cut from the hedgerows. Its no longer the waterway it was sadly.
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Silfield
Brown Trout

Post by Silfield »

Aquaerial wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:58 am A warm welcome Ian.
If you are ever Brundall way let me know and drop by as having recently moved I have some old bits and pieces that deserve a good home ..
Thanks very much, I am always on the look out for bits and bobs to grace my small but growing collection-just dont tell the wife!
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Post by Nigel Rainton »

Hi,

'the fishing arms race', I like the phrase :-) welcome to the forum.

Silfield
Brown Trout

Post by Silfield »

Aquaerial wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:19 pm
JW1 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:53 pm Welcome Ian, I grew up in Norfolk and regularly fished the Little Ouse at Thetford for huge roach and the River Thet for good pike, but that was a few years ago, so perhaps things have changed.

JW
Oh how I loved those days...big dace too. There are a few nice fish show in Thetford town centre but apart from that the river has been polluted by Watton Produce, ottered by roving animals and on a canoe trip last summer to Santon Downham I found everything from discarded crude tackle to staked lines or drinkers with lines tied to a stick cut from the hedgerows. Its no longer the waterway it was sadly.
Strangely enough I was walking the dog at Santon a couple of weeks ago (well I used the dog as an excuse to scope out new waters) and was surprised by the state of the river, and yes, spotted a couple of staked lines in the water. I regularly shoot on Thetford Battle Area and there are a few waters on there that I would give my hind teeth to fish-I wonder when the last time was that they saw a line?
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”