Hello from Deepest Norfolk

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
JW1
Grayling

Re: Hello from Deepest Norfolk

Post by JW1 »

Aquaerial wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:19 pm
JW1 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:53 pm Welcome Ian, I grew up in Norfolk and regularly fished the Little Ouse at Thetford for huge roach and the River Thet for good pike, but that was a few years ago, so perhaps things have changed.

JW
Oh how I loved those days...big dace too. There are a few nice fish show in Thetford town centre but apart from that the river has been polluted by Watton Produce, ottered by roving animals and on a canoe trip last summer to Santon Downham I found everything from discarded crude tackle to staked lines or drinkers with lines tied to a stick cut from the hedgerows. Its no longer the waterway it was sadly.
Best place for big dace was behind the old Burrell steam engine factory, but very hard to catch.

JW

SkimmingTheCream
Chub

Post by SkimmingTheCream »

Welcome to the TFF Ian

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Welcome aboard Ian :Hat:

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

Hello Ian and welcome Sir!

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

Hello Ian and welcome Sir! :Hat:

Silfield
Brown Trout

Post by Silfield »

Hello,
Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated. Hopefully I will get to meet some of you good folks out on the water one day.
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

If you are ex-services can you fish it as you can shoot it? An old friend of mine Bill Flynn used to stalk it when Dennis O'Leary was Commandant. Micklemere just over the boundary used to hold some massive bream and pike. The John Wilson program on bream was filmed there.
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Silfield
Brown Trout

Post by Silfield »

Aquaerial wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:01 pm If you are ex-services can you fish it as you can shoot it? An old friend of mine Bill Flynn used to stalk it when Dennis O'Leary was Commandant. Micklemere just over the boundary used to hold some massive bream and pike. The John Wilson program on bream was filmed there.
Not ex-services I'm afraid, I just shoot on the ranges with my club when we are allocated range days. I have asked a couple of the NCO's that invariably turn up when we shoot if there is any chance to fish but have never had a favourable response!
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

Silfield wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:09 pm
Aquaerial wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:01 pm If you are ex-services can you fish it as you can shoot it? An old friend of mine Bill Flynn used to stalk it when Dennis O'Leary was Commandant. Micklemere just over the boundary used to hold some massive bream and pike. The John Wilson program on bream was filmed there.
Not ex-services I'm afraid, I just shoot on the ranges with my club when we are allocated range days. I have asked a couple of the NCO's that invariably turn up when we shoot if there is any chance to fish but have never had a favourable response!
St Huberts?
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Silfield
Brown Trout

Post by Silfield »

[/quote]
St Huberts?
[/quote]

Grove Small Arms-I only shoot paper!
Washington Irving

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”