Hello from Zurich

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Mötti
Minnow

Hello from Zurich

Post by Mötti »

Dear all

Four years ago I was able to do journey with my family in west Canada. My older daughter wished to go fishing with me. I borrow a rod, payed a day license and had luck enough to hook a rainbow trout. But maybe it was more like I’ve been hooked by this fish as the opposite, then since this day, fishing has been become more and more importance for me. I get some good catches (burbots, perches, pikes and a really beauty lake trout) on two lakes at home in Switzerland and a cravelle jack and an amber jack during the holiday in Greece. So I’m now an allround angler.

Last year, I was starting to angling the first time for tench. I have looked for hints and tips, saw some videos on Youtube. In an older one of them was a “Paul Cook” the main act. I went to a small lake in the near and during the second session I was able to catch my first tench. I was very happy and had the feeling, that this kind of fish is something really special for me. I looked for a better suitable rod, because my only float rod was very, very long and not the right for this.

During my search for good tench rod I was founding the beautiful work of this Paul Cook on his homepage an interview on a German speaking forum. I get in contact with him and he helped me to do my first step into the deep forest of cane.

In the meantime I’m owning some split cane rods, most of them from Chapman’s, none of them build by Paul but a lot of them he had in his hands and did was needed.

In this forum I found a very lot of information regarding this kind of rods and fishing with them. Also it helps me to decide which reel I should buy for. Most of them are from JW Young.

My experience of fishing with english, traditional tackle is in the beginning, but my love for is full of drive.

At last also my nickname (I own it a very long time) has a relation to England. There was a hard and loud rock band with an Umlaut in the name of the band which I often listen to in the past. In the meantime is bit more music from Robert Fripp as from Lemmy in my ears.

Kind Regards

Mötti

SkimmingTheCream
Chub

Re: Hello from Zurich

Post by SkimmingTheCream »

Welcome to the TFF Motti

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Welcome to the the forum Mötti.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Gudgeon Basher
Dace

Post by Gudgeon Basher »

Welcome to the forum Motti

"The deep forest of cane" I like that very apt indeed

Black Prince
Crucian Carp

Post by Black Prince »

Hello and :welcome: motti we had motor head the rock band with Lemmy singing very loud with a lot of :Brickwall: head banging welcome to a quieter genteler peacefuller forum :fishing1: mike

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

Hi motti
Welcome to the Forum

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Welcome to the forum

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Gudgeon Basher wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:13 pm Welcome to the forum Motti

"The deep forest of cane" I like that very apt indeed
So do I, what a lovely saying :Hat: welcome to the forum sir..... I for one would love to see a picture of a Burbot if you have one.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

A hearty welcome, Sir.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Mötti
Minnow

Post by Mötti »

Thank you for your warm welcome.

@Paul D:
I could only show you a picture withe a dead one. I'm not sure, is this against the rules of the TFM forum? You are doing all strictly catch and release in GB, correct? In Switzerland that's a crime. I can deceide to release as example a big pike because I think it's a good one for the population. But I can not sit there take none of them. And to release a Burbot would be not ok because they live in the deep and would not able to survive.

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”