Hello from across the pond.

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Luga00
Brown Trout

Re: Hello from across the pond.

Post by Luga00 »

Welcome Iasgair,

You're a perfect fit for this forum - really hoping to see some photos of some of your fishing adventures.

Russ

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

Welcome to the forum , I enjoyed reading your introduction and hope to read more of your angling adventures .
I wasn't intending to fly fish this year but reading your post has inspired me to do so and enjoy the delights our rivers offer .

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Welcome to the forum Iasgair.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Capebreton
Perch

Post by Capebreton »

Hello from the eastern side of across the pond. Cape breton is a pretty traditional place.....would love to see photos sometime. However most of the salmon fishing here is down and across!

Eddy Pools
Rudd

Post by Eddy Pools »

Hello Iasgair, welcome to the TFF

Tom
Rudd

Post by Tom »

WELCOME!

KenSowerbutts
Grayling

Post by KenSowerbutts »

Great introduction it's a pleasure to welcome you to the forum.
Knowledge comes but Wisdom lingers

Carp Artist
Arctic Char

Post by Carp Artist »

Welcome to the forum Iasgair :Hat:
Not a fish was visible that first time I visited Beechmere; an utter
stillness brooded over the place and I felt the strange and sinister atmosphere which, so the story goes,
has been the cause of several suicides.’
BB – Confessions of a Carp Fisher

Bobby Marlene
Arctic Char

Post by Bobby Marlene »

Welcome to TFF. Bobby

Iasgair
Chub

Post by Iasgair »

My goodness. I appreciate the warm welcomes from all of you. I was just explaining to a member here that in America, to say that you are a purist and enjoy the traditional ways is not very well taken. Other people look at us as though we are up nosed snobs. And I myself have been titled as such as well as other names. Then the funniest thing happens. They get to know me and realize how wrong they are to title people before knowing them.
I believe most fishermen here think the traditions started here in this country and refuse to even consider the ways Great Britain has been fishing before it was even done in America.

I see that I am going to have to convert in some ways so I can understand some of the topics that are discussed here. I may even have to learn the metric system, and learn to spell some words the way you good people spell them. I will have many questions in the future, so please be patient with me. And of course, I will be more than happy to answer anything you ask about fishing in the USA, or just Colorado.

I see I need to answer some now, so please bear with me.

Capebreton, I completely understand the salmon way of fishing of casting down and across. I have no issue with that at all my friend.

Mr. Burr, yes, I do know of her and have seen her work. But I regret to say I have never read one of her books. She does live in this area though, probably just up the foothills above Boulder.

Scott, I am happy to tell you that Mr. Gierach lives in the next town over, about 20km away from me. I have met him in the local fly shop once or twice. The river he mentions often, The Saint Vrain, is right down the hill from my house, though I fish it in the canyon. Once in awhile driving along the river, you will see a man who looks like John in the middle of the St. Vrain fishing pockets. But if it is him, he's better left alone. He is a real nice guy, but like every celebrity, they like their private times and want to be left alone. I do have a few of his books. Lyons Colorado is a small village with some of the best fishermen around. They have a very famous rod maker Michael Clarke, who owns South Creek Ltd. Movie stars have him build their rods. Last I heard, he has a five year waiting list.

Martin, I am honored that the first reply came from overseas.

It seems I am going to have to take my phone with me to take photo's. I will need instructions on how to post them if someone here is willing to help with that.
Last edited by Iasgair on Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Worry less about who you might offend, and care more about who you might inspire.

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”