Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Snowkiwi

Post by Snowkiwi »

Hello, My membership has been accepted, so I thought I would introduce my self. I am Iain Storey, age 60, born in Scotland (hence the spelling of Iain, the Gaelic for John) Was brought to New Zealand in 1964, by my parents. Immediately, was introduced to Sea Fishing, which has been my passion for life. Was introduced to the art of Trout Fishing, some 30 years ago, when I purchased a charter on one of New Zealand's many lakes, I was hooked, I managed to catch my first trout, a magnificent Rainbow Jack, 8lb 6oz, tagged, with an M.A.F. tag! My wife caught her first trout, a truly magnificent Rainbow Jack, 13lb 6oz, also tagged with a M.A.F. tag. Sent the tags in to M.A.F. along with the length of the fish, from tip of the nose, to the v in the tail. Return data from M.A.F. indicated that my fish, was released in the mouth of the river in the lake in which I caught it, some 18 months prior, and my wife's fish released in the same place, 2 years prior to her catching it. This got me started in Fresh water fishing. Some time later, I purchased another charter with a Guide, which introduced me to fly fishing, a sport that I love and enjoy after many years. Recently I was bequeathed a Split Cane fishing rod, by an old friend, this has fired my interest in old fly fishing equipment, when and how it was made, and how it has developed to present day methods, so I hope to learn a bit from this sites members, and perhaps pass on any of my knowledge and experience that may be of benefit. Thanks for having me!

Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: New member

Post by Mark »

Welcome to the forum Snowkiwi.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

A hearty welcome, Sir.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Black Prince
Crucian Carp

Post by Black Prince »

Hello Iain you will like it here :welcome: mike

GhyllManor
Grayling

Post by GhyllManor »

A sincere welcome Iain. Ted

Mick
Chub

Post by Mick »

A very warm welcome to the forum Snowkiwi!

Eddy Pools
Rudd

Post by Eddy Pools »

Hello Iain, welcome to the TFF

KenSowerbutts
Grayling

Post by KenSowerbutts »

Welcome to the forum sir
Knowledge comes but Wisdom lingers

Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Post by Duebel »

Welcome to the TFF, Iain!
Greetings from Bamberg
Martin

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Welcome aboard Iain, Love to see some pictures, new Zealand is a place I've always wanted to visit.

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”