New Fella Old Tackle

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
GrahamB
Minnow

New Fella Old Tackle

Post by GrahamB »

Good evening,

Just wanted to introduce myself on this great forum. I am a 50 year old lifelong fisherman.

I live in Morecambe and spent my youth sea fishing. If I wasn't digging lugworm, I was fishing incoming tides with light tackle, usually looking for bass. As a teenager, I landed a dream part time job in a newly opened fishing tackle shop. Here, I learned about course and game fishing, and spent my time discussing rods, reels and tackle with some amazing characters. Unfortunately my main career was much more boring! I now fish for pleasure and paint watercolours to relax.

Over the years, I have bee collecting old fishing gear, and have just realised that some of my early ABU beachcasters and reels are now vintage collectors items!

I'm building a collection of vintage gear that I like to fish with. I don't know why? There is just something special about old gear that still catches fish.

My most recent purchases are 2 split cane rods. One is an absolute mint 1955 Hardy No3 Spinning rod with all the bits. What a work of art those rods are!! I also bought a 3 piece cane rod, which has 2 bamboo sections and a split cane tip. I'm not sure what it is and hope that it is ok to post a photo on here? It would be great to know what it is?

Anyway, all the best to you all, and tight lines.

Aitch
Pike

Re: New Fella Old Tackle

Post by Aitch »

Welcome to the forum, Sir :Hat:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Welcome to the forum Graham.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Simon F
Ruffe

Post by Simon F »

Nice to find a Sea Angler on here. Welcome.
``·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

Welcome. Fine to post pictures of your tackle, many do and we all love a nice reel and rod to look at. There is a rules section if you have any other questions.
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

GrahamB
Minnow

Post by GrahamB »

image.jpg
Tip section is split cane and the other two are bamboo. It looks really old, and has a cloth bag with a leather bottom.
Any info would be appreciated. thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GrahamB
Minnow

Post by GrahamB »

It has a mark..... H Harrop or Marrop? 01/04/37

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Welcome to the forum :Hat: :cheers:

Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Post by Duebel »

Welcome to the TFF, Graham. I can't tell you anything about the rod, only that it looks nice. I'm sure you'll get more information soon. You never have to wait long for an answer here.
Greetings from Bamberg
Martin

Tom
Rudd

Post by Tom »

WELCOME!
Tom

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”