Good evening all

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Wylyetom

Good evening all

Post by Wylyetom »

Hi, my name is Tom and I am 36, I have been fishing since the age of around 7 when I would spend as much time as possible over my grans farm, at the bottom of there fields ran a small brook no wider than 12ft and for the following 10 years I would fish this stream continuosly catching some superb fish, still my biggest pike to date came from this brook (21lb). My fishing continued, with me joining various local clubs until around 10 years ago when I visited bowood game fair and tried my hand at fly fishing! Ever since I have not touched a coarse rod, i now tie all my own flies and for the last 5 years have been a member of The Piscatorial society giving me access to some of the best chalksream fishing in the U.K. I fish with a good friend who has a whole collection of Edward barder rods and I am finally coming round to the decision that i fancy something different to by normal carbon collection. I do currently own a couple of cane rods ( priory Avon rod and Rawson &perrin fly rod) but after a weekend of trotting for grayling and following my friend giving me an Ariel match centerpin as a gift I fancy a nice cane all round float rod to complement it, I have joined this forum to gain some knowledge and help me decide on what would be the best rod to start my cane fishing journey,
Kind regards Tom

Aitch
Pike

Re: Good evening all

Post by Aitch »

Evening Tom, Welcome to the forum :Hat:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Welcome to the forum Tom.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

A hearty welcome, Sir.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Welcome Tom, a Wizard or a lucky strike would suit I reckon. :Hat:

Mick
Chub

Post by Mick »

good evening Tom and welcome. Happy hunting for that rod!

Eddy Pools
Rudd

Post by Eddy Pools »

Hello Tom, welcome to the TFF

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Welcome Tom you've come to the right place sir I think your enjoy it here very much :Hat:

Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Post by Duebel »

Welcome to tge the TFF, Tom!
Greetings from Bamberg
Martin

Wylyetom

Post by Wylyetom »

Thank you for your kind words, how to I ask a question over rod choice?, kind regards Tom

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”