Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Goosequill
Dace

Re: New member

Post by Goosequill »

Hello, good evening and welcome.

AG Purser
Stickleback

Post by AG Purser »

Snap ! my first rod was the same... but only had the aerial.. had to do the cork ringing and the whipping myself.
Well, we did whipping of ropes in the Scouts ! wish i had have kept it really . caught a pike and a salmon
the pike about 4'' and the salmon about 6'' ! and I still drive past the places where i caught 'em. 65 years ago!

Das-Bolt
Gudgeon

Post by Das-Bolt »

Hi. As I remember mine also came as a kit with the cork shives which I had to sand paper down but I can't recall whipping the eyes on but I suppose I must of done. Looking back I can just imagine some 'Dell-boy' character having bought a job lot of tank aerials thinking "What am I going to do with all these .........." The interesting thing about this forum is that so many members have a shared history, a new member mentioned fishing the Lea at Cheshunt as I did when a boy and judging by the replies many other did too. Happy days!

N9nty
Roach

Post by N9nty »

My first rod was also a tank aerial bought ready made and still painted green, somebody trod on it and kinked it beyond repair. I bought another one recently and it is a horrible heavy soggy thing, so much for nostalgia.
Welcome to the forum.
The older I get the better I was.

Das-Bolt
Gudgeon

Post by Das-Bolt »

That's the problem nostalgia's not as good as it used to be!

N9nty
Roach

Post by N9nty »

Yes, and permission is overrated.
The older I get the better I was.

Zipper
Roach

Post by Zipper »

Hi and Welcome,
I am pretty new here, but it's really friendly with lots of helpful and knowledgeable folk.

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”