Hello from a new member

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Santiago
Wild Carp

Re: Hello from a new member

Post by Santiago »

deleted
Last edited by Santiago on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Bay Leaf

Post by Bay Leaf »

CraigM wrote:Welcome from me too, Captain.

Like you, I've only recently taken up the more traditional approach to fishing [although my cane & my glass rods now outnumber my carbon ones].

Does Baldrick make a passable ghillie?!

Craig.
I would have thought he would be more use as a never-ending supply of assorted baits.

Trevor
Eel

Post by Trevor »

Bigfish wrote:Hi

Worryingly you sound exactly like myself, regards fishing and I'm called Trevor. The only difference is I live near Reading. And I'm a new member. First impressions of this site is it's the best. Enjoy!

Just started float making myself and I' looking for a split cane rod to restore! In principal float making is easy, but getting a quality finsih is the hard part (that's what I'm finding). You can get good deals for balsa dowel on the net, bought mine via Amazon.

Bigfish
We do seem alike, although I see you live on a boat which I don't. Would quite like to though!
Thanks for the tip on the dowel. I've added it to my float making shopping list

Trevor
Eel

Post by Trevor »

CraigM wrote:Welcome from me too, Captain.

Like you, I've only recently taken up the more traditional approach to fishing [although my cane & my glass rods now outnumber my carbon ones].

Does Baldrick make a passable ghillie?!

Craig.
As I'm sure you can imagine, Baldrick makes a lousy ghillie. He's too busy looking for turnips to be of any use

Trevor
Eel

Post by Trevor »

Snape wrote:
Blackadder wrote:Thank you for your welcoming words.
Snape - I live in the North of the county, Banbury to be precise.
Tony - Cheeky! the words arrow, neck and gas bill spring to mind! :wink:
Maybe we can meet up. I live in Hook Norton and work in Bloxham.
I like the sound of the carp pool. I'm wondering where that might be?
Meeting up would be nice, although with two young sons to occupy my spare time my fishing time is greatly restricted.
Would be nice to sort something out at some point though.
As for the pool, given where you live and work you may well pass by it every day. Most people fish for carp, but I've found some nice fish in one of the other pools. It's not the most mature pool you could ever fish, but it seems quiet and it's only £6 a day. Don't tell anyone though, or they'll all be beating a path to it!

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Thanks Blackadder. I edited out the name as we wouldn't want people beating a path to it!
Yes I know where it is - it is only 3 miles from me.
I think I'll investigate it soon.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Lovely intro, thanks for that, and avery warm welcome to the forum sir..... :thumb:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Shakaphil007

Post by Shakaphil007 »

Hello and welcome from another new member. Also confess to using the 'dark side' of tackle, but also been out on the local river with a centerpin. Not an expensive one, but love the control you have with it. First cast with a handmade Avon float and I had a 4lb chub! Now I'm hooked! Hope you enjoy this forum.

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”