Bumble

Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Re: Bumble

Post by Bumble »

J.T keep in touch I have a lot of time off in July lets get something in the Diary
Bumble

J.T
Catfish

Post by J.T »

Will do Bumble, many thanks. :hat:
"piscator non solum piscatur"

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Bumble wrote:Hi I have 2 Merlins and 1 Barbus, I prefer the Merlins to be honest as they have a much better feel in my opinion.
Bumble
Bumble do you have a Barbus MKI or MKII?
I have the MKI which is lovely but very long at 12'
The Merlin is also my favourite tho' and is a sublime wand.
I also have the Carpcrawler - used mostly by my 12 year old son for barbel, carp and pike and a Bishop Avon which is interesting.
I see you have time off in July. I have all of July and August off and would be glad to meet up somewhere. :D
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

Hi Snape my Barbus is MK11 which in my view is a better rod but it's like all things a matter of choice.
The 2 Merlins I have are very different one is no13 from the original batch and much lighter than the second one I purchased but both a delight to use.
The second one was made for Jon Berry, if you havent got his new book a train to catch I its a great read.
Bumble

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Welcome Bumble......

I think we've met on the Kennet when I've fished with Martin....are you Colin?

Regards
SK
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

yes thats me

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Bumble wrote:Hi Snape my Barbus is MK11 which in my view is a better rod but it's like all things a matter of choice.
The 2 Merlins I have are very different one is no13 from the original batch and much lighter than the second one I purchased but both a delight to use.
The second one was made for Jon Berry, if you havent got his new book a train to catch I its a great read.
Bumble
Lovely. I have Barbus no.2 1990 and a later (dark) Merlin from 1997.
I know Jon as I used to fish with him as teenagers and we linked up again a few years back and he introduced me to a few 'characters'.
I must buy 'train to catch'. I have his other two books.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”