Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
MrCrabtree
Rudd

Re: New Member

Post by MrCrabtree »

Thanks all for the welcome.
I moved from Hatfield Peverel between Chelmsford and Colchester so the chelmer was disappointing and I mostly fished lakes but rivers are really my favourite. until my mid twenties I lived in East London and spent a most of my time on the pits in the Lea Valley or on the Lea itself mostly at Kings Weir and Fishers Green.
It's not just Speedias I use, I have a variety of centre pins. For barbel legering I tend to use the a pair of Ray Walton rolling pins, I know they are recent but I really enjoy them. My favourite light trotting reel is a Dave Swallow which I picked up for £8 at a boot sale. It's a bit battered but I love it. I have recently acquired a Gary Millls Redditch Perfection but to be honest I am not sure iif i will ever use it as it's such a work of art I don't want to scratch it. The reel sit's on top of my book case along with some stuffed fish and a variety of brass reels etc.
Anyway no more time to talk, going to try my luck on the Avon though conditions look poor (bright sunshine) but you never know.
I will be posting on the Speedia forum over the next few days asking for a bit of advice.
Mike

Tony1964

Re: New Member

Post by Tony1964 »

Welcome aboard Mike, sorry for the delay, just got back from hols :thumb:

Return to “New Member Information and Welcome”