Last session on the Trent

This forum belongs to the River Trent.
TrentFisher
Crucian Carp

Last session on the Trent

Post by TrentFisher »

The end of the river season came to end on Sunday for me.
It was like most of my sessions short 3-4 hours....or less!
I find it concentrates the mind ........not really its just the way I fish
Anyway back to Sunday ,arriving on the bank of the Trent at 2.30ish.Armed with a tub of worms from the garden,some molehill soil collected on the way.
The plan is to fish the slack area close to cover and hope a chub,perch ,roach ...whatever is at home.As you can see no major planning just get out there and enjoy!
Said swim located ,chopped worms mixed with molehill soil add some chub magic flavouring and deposit in said swim.
Tackle simple as ever 12 ft Milbro Perfect glass rod ,Mr reliable Mitchell 300 and a Sussex Micky goose quill ,fished bottom end only.
After about half an hour the red tip of the quill dips,hand grips rod as though my life depended on it......another dip.....eyes fixed on quill....it disappears .My strike is met with with resistance and takes on a pleasing curve .I feel a fish turning sideways and the familiar bump bump of the fight ,after a couple of short bursts the broad flank of a Trent bream breaks the surface and is safely netted.
A nice fish 5lbish.....happy days.
Shortly after another bream comes to the net slightly smaller than the first.
The afternoon passes quickly and just before I call it a day and bid the river a happy close season a bristling perch of 2 ounces snaffles my worm and it sparkles in the last burst of sunshine.
A fitting way to end the season.
All the best
Nige.
end of season 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reedling
Catfish

Re: Last session on the Trent

Post by Reedling »

Very nice Bream, a lovely end to the season. :Hat:

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Well done Nigel.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

Very well done. Personally I've never caught a bream over a couple of pounds, it's on the bucket list.
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Richard O
Silver Bream

Post by Richard O »

Well done, I had nothing at all on Saturday and two bites which I missed on Sunday. Already looking forward to next season.

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Excellent bream, well done.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Return to “River Trent”