My challenge for tomorrow

This forum belongs to the River Trent.
Bob Brookes
Zander

My challenge for tomorrow

Post by Bob Brookes »

I am taking a guest to the river Trent tomorrow. He is a very experienced and extremely well known angler, a long standing member of TFF too.

I don't think that he has previously cast a line into the Trent and, like myself, he is really looking forward to our day together on it's banks. My challenge is to guide him to catch a barbel or two in the daytime, on a very low and clear river and in bright sunshine. I have a swim in mind to start with and if that proves fruitful then the pressure will be off me.

Watch this space! :Beg:
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Re: My challenge for tomorrow

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Do I detect there is 'Pressure' lacking your lifestyle Bob such that you have to seek out Challenges?

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

You'll be alright Bob. Temelad and his lovely daughter Kelly visited the Wye at the weekend and, in similar conditions, they managed to take barbel, chub and, dare I admit, a bream :Happy:

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Yes Dave, but you are the MASTER!
Dave Burr wrote:You'll be alright Bob. Temelad and his lovely daughter Kelly visited the Wye at the weekend and, in similar conditions, they managed to take barbel, chub and, dare I admit, a bream :Happy:
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

I know Bob, I know :Cool:

:Hahaha:

TemeLAD
Crucian Carp

Post by TemeLAD »

The Master indeed he is, Obi-Wan Dave Kenobi, the Wye Jedi (post to follow). We mere mortals are unworthy acolytes :cheers:
"I can't wait to buy a bamboo pole and a filament of line and a tube of breadcrumbs. I want to participate in this practice which allows a man to be alone with himself in dignity and peace. It seems a very precious thing to me".

John Steinbeck

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

I know who it is. Tight lines to both of you and I hope you catch loads of fish.......no pressure Bob, no pressure!! :Wink:

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

I'm sure you'll both have an enjoyable day whether the fish choose to bite or not. There's more to fishing than catching fish! :Chuckle:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

The best of good fortune to you both ... and if nothing else you'll have good companionship ! :Hat:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Mercman
Roach

Post by Mercman »

Good luck and enjoy the day...

Return to “River Trent”