visiting nottingham

This forum belongs to the River Trent.
Capebreton
Perch

visiting nottingham

Post by Capebreton »

I will be visiting from Canada my son , wife and new grandchild in Nottingham in June. I would love to go out with a fellow traditional angler for a session. I will not have gear or licence but would love to tag along.River, canal or lake ? I will not have a car and will be in central Nottingham. would of course share petrol; etc. Would not want to intrude on anybody who has special plans for June 16 but later that week or the next ? If there any kind souls out there could you send me a private message? Peter

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: visiting nottingham

Post by AshbyCut »

At any post Office you can buy a one day licence for £3.75p ... or a week licence for £10.00p, Sir ... so a licence need not be a problem.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Not too far from Nottingham is a wonderful river with lovely barbel chub and good roach. I have plans for the 16th but I would be happy to pick you up another day and mooch on up and I'm sure a couple of other members would be there too, they know who I mean
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Danny Boy
Arctic Char

Post by Danny Boy »

I would be up for that,I could also let you borrow some cane and reel.
Where in Nottingham will you be?
I wonder who you mean mr loop :Chuckle:
I go fishing not to find myself...but to lose myself

Capebreton
Perch

Post by Capebreton »

Thanks to all of you . Did not know could get short term licence and sounds like an option . would love to meet other members etc. our son lives on cumber rd the park My email here in Canada (where we are having record snow falls at present) is peterlinda.hill@gmail.com. i am free june17,18 23 and 24 Nearer time cansee what we can plan. I would love to fish with cane as I did when young in england!!!Peter

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

I'm sure we can arrange something nearer the time. I wouldn't bother with Danny's rods though they don't catch much :laugh:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Danny Boy
Arctic Char

Post by Danny Boy »

Loop Erimder wrote:I'm sure we can arrange something nearer the time. I wouldn't bother with Danny's rods though they don't catch much :laugh:

:Cry:
I go fishing not to find myself...but to lose myself

Capebreton
Perch

Re: visiting nottingham(getting close!)

Post by Capebreton »

I will be in Nottingham (except for some side trips) from June 2 to 25. As with any family visits, dates are getting filled in with things other than fishing! Is there any chance of joining you to fish any time on June 23 or 24? I can be reached in Nottingham at 0175544343345 under Monica White also by email at peterlinda.hill@gmail.com thanks peter

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

I'm fishing the Royalty fishery, Christchurch on the 23rd and night fishing 24/25th. So will be nowhere near Nottingham then sorry

Capebreton
Perch

Post by Capebreton »

enjoy

Return to “River Trent”