Allcocks Anglers Guides 1950's

This forum is for discussing Allcocks Anglers Guides from the 1950's.
Bob Brookes
Zander

Re: Allcocks Anglers Guides 1950's

Post by Bob Brookes »

Hi Nobby/Mark,
I attach a copy of the front cover & page 4 of the catalogue I believe is the 1939/40 one. In view if the impending war, I guess production didn't start restart until about 1947 when they may have used the same catalogue. Just a thought!
Bob
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

TraditionalAngling
Brown Trout

Post by TraditionalAngling »

Just found a few scans of Allcocks Anglers guides that I sold a few years ago that you may find of interest.The first one 1949-50 Image Image

Image Image

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Well that looks pretty convincing to me Bob!

Over the years I have lifted the images from eBay and the like and probably taken the lister's description of the year of manufacture as a 'given' a time or two.

Even the list that I have may not be 100% correct. I'd put it up here, but I can't find a way to do it...it's in a grid form and transfers as just jumbled text. I don't know if I can transfer it as a document to someone more skilled with Word?

I notice that your Guide talks of factories in Paris and Macon, Bob....surely pre-War then!

Steve, your image with the big orange 'A' is apparently ( I'll have to say that more often now) 1961-62

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Thanks chaps. :thumb:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Barney
Grayling

Post by Barney »

1950 sent to you Mark
Barney

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Added to the second post in this thread Barney, thank you.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Good Lord, getting on for 3 years ago.....and I can finally confirm that Bob's Guide IS for 1939. It is the only Guide to feature the famed Aerial Match reel and the last one went on eBay for £30 just the other day!

The next Guide was 1949, but there were some Export catalogues in 1947...Lord knows what was in them...the '49 Guide is littered with references to stuff not actually being available yet......

I'd love to know when the newly made Rapidex,..... and in the case of Allcocks the Flick 'Em .....reel was first available??

Dokterhoo
Dace

Post by Dokterhoo »

Rod Fisher wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:26 pm Image
Can anyone tell me please does the Super Wizard appear in this 1951 catalogue? And is the Wizard called the Wizard or the Wallis Wizard? Asking specifically about this catalogue, thanks.
Hi,
Here is the page concerned - no mention of "Wizard" anywhere else in this particular catalogue. As far as I know the lable (gold oval) on rods of this age only ever say "Wizard" or "Superwizard" no mention of the word "Wallis".
Regards,
Dok

Return to “Allcocks Anglers Guides 1950's.”