Restoration.

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
Skeff
Crucian Carp

Restoration.

Post by Skeff »

I am trying to avoid giving a running commentary as the project is complicated and stressful enough already without dealing with the inevitable barrage of comment and speculation on social media but I will let everyone know what's happening as each stage of the project is completed. I know many here will have a particular interest in the work.

After two exceptionally hard days work by the netting team this week, we have successfully removed all of the fish and sorted those that are to be returned from those that may have ghost carp genes in them, which will be sold and removed from Bernithan. That in itself is a major step forwards and restores the "pure" provenance of the Redmire stock. We will return only fifty hand picked carp to give them room to thrive, grow and reproduce. The carp and gudgeon removed are being kept in safety on the estate.

De-silting starts tomorrow.
:Hat:

Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: Restoration.

Post by Mark »

Thank you for the update Skeff it is appreciated as I am sure some of the other chaps will confirm.

Well done to all those concerned with this project. :clap: :Hat:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Thankyou Skeff, for this update - and for posting future stage completions as and when appropriate.

PP
:Hat:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Keston
Tench

Post by Keston »

Nice to hear how things are going I may have seen an image earlier of the water drained .

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Well done Skeff. :Hat:
Will the 50 returnees all be over 20lb?
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Snape wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:38 pm Well done Skeff. :Hat:
I'm not at liberty to talk about the size of the fish Snape (already lots of speculation social media!) but they have been selected carefully on the basis of good evidence to ensure that the ghost carp gene pool from the inadvertent stocking of about twelve years ago has been eliminated. We found a number of ghost carp during the work.

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

Cheers for the update. :Hat:

There is obviously going to be a lot of interest on this project so hearing an update”from the horses mouth” ( no offence meant ) keeps misinformation or even disinformation at bay.

:Thumb:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Mark - sincere thanks to you for your passion and energy and expertise. Personally, I shan't be commentating on each update you post but wish you to know that the work you are doing is indeed very much appreciated by a number of us who believe and value history and what it can offer the present and future.
Kind regards
Matthew

GregF
Crucian Carp

Post by GregF »

Great to hear it's all going well :Hat:
"Give up haste and ambition, close your mouth, only then will you comprehend the spirit of Tao" - Lao Tze

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Skeff wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:54 pm
Snape wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:38 pm Well done Skeff. :Hat:
I'm not at liberty to talk about the size of the fish Snape (already lots of speculation social media!) but they have been selected carefully on the basis of good evidence to ensure that the ghost carp gene pool from the inadvertent stocking of about twelve years ago has been eliminated. We found a number of ghost carp during the work.
Glad to hear it. I have noticed a bit of speculation on t'net.

More importantly though, is how big were the gudgeon?! :Beg:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Return to “Redmire Pool”