Redmire Pool - FOR SALE

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
RBTraditional
Catfish

Re: Redmire Pool - FOR SALE

Post by RBTraditional »

I was going to say carp waters Olly but I'm trying to be diplomatic and respectful to other's view points these days......don't know how long it'll last!:Chuckle:
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

I often thought about digging a new pond in the garden.....somewhere in the region of about 12 foot long......oh yes and the shape of redmire pool complete with dam rail overflow boat house et etc.mini trees....fake and real......and maybe some tiny carp.....If i ever do you are more than welcome to cast a line in the pool...strict rules apply the main one being no hooks :fishing1: :fishing2: :fish: :cheers: :Ok: :Cool:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

RBTraditional wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:15 pm Some of these fisheries do look like they are run like a police state! :shocked:
One river stretch I am a member of has no written rules as such, you are just asked to abide by the local bylaws and fish considerately and in a gentlemanly manner.....and no one ever appears to push the boundaries.....Big fish venues do seem to attract a certain breed......
Now where's my bucket? :Hahaha:
Yes I am a member of a village club on the Warks Avon and when I asked about rules the secretary looked at me a little oddly and just said, "there aren't any, just use your common sense". Thankfully it seems to work fine.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

RBTraditional wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:13 pm I was going to say carp waters Olly but I'm trying to be diplomatic and respectful to other's view points these days......don't know how long it'll last!:Chuckle:
It sound a dreadful thing to write but one thing I have noticed it that at every single coarse fishery I've visited there has been litter. At my local club lake I walk round and pick it up in my immediate area. (That's actually a non-uinforced club rule i.e. that you can be banned for having litter in your swim.)

At one day ticket water I visited to see if I liked the idea of fishing there I picked up a plastic bag full of tins which had been cut open and found the manager and told him what I thought. He suggested it was because people from town X (that shall not be named) fished there and they didn't care for the area as it wasn't on their doorstep. I suggested they nail the cans to the fishing notice board in the controlling shop. Needless to say I've never been back.

However, the same is not true at the trout fisheries where there is no litter, why there is a difference I don't know…

Right back to Redmire. Has anybody found the agent selling it?
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Tweed

Post by Tweed »

I can't see really what is wrong with having rules, and, if you have them it's better to enforce them?

You only need to read a selection of fishing forums to see that there is much to legislate against and then to be watchful.

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

Having fished RK Leisure,s lakes and being a personal friend of their fisheries manager, I can state that their rules are strictly enforced. This results in a very pleasant angling experience. No litter, no idiots.
I also belong to a small river syndicate with no rules...No litter, no idiots.
I guess the difference is that carp anglers tend to be long stay, which gives potential for those that are inclined, on some waters, to drink alcohol, do drugs and basically be anti-social. It's not a carp angling thing, though...it's something that affects our society as a whole.

I haven't seen any agent selling the estate, yet...I guess that the information has been made available this week so those attempting "phone wars" do so with the knowledge of what may or may not happen this year.

Tweed

Post by Tweed »

I used to fly fish the famous southern stocked small lakes at the tail end of the heyday.

Most folk quietly found the best available spot and fished there quite happily. But you had "the stalkers". Usually short stocky men in tracksuits who would literally stand at your shoulder and start casting to a fish that they were "stalking".

There was a rumour circulating that in one resulting altercation a knife was produced.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

A few points - as an ex-fishery manager carpers required more rules than any others. I dont know why but it could be the competitiveness to capture the largest or a particular fish. Possibly like match anglers who always want a level playing field.

The RK example was to show the facilities available and the exclusivity of fishing their waters compared to the lot of the poor club coarse angler!
No reflection on the company or the bailiffs, some of whom worked for CEMEX previously, including the late Del Smith with whom I worked for over a decade.

I belong to a Angling Society that had no or very few rules for over 100 years. However in the last 50 years rules have appeared perhaps as said above, due to Society in general changing. With the requirement for more rules regarding fish welfare and countryside management continuing..

It is the 'fish at all costs' mentality as described by Tweed that requires rules but I suspect that all on here enjoy the countryside as much as "catching" or not as may be and prefer some solitude.

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

So has Fennel bought Redmire? His recent email newsletter suggest this is the case. I quote "P.S. Next week I'll be explaining how I came to own the most iconic and historic carp water in Britain."
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

Funnily enough, I just read this before dropping in here, young Fennel does appear to give that impression.......

Return to “Redmire Pool”