Redmire Phone Wars 2016

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
Barbulus
Tench

Re: Redmire Phone Wars 2016

Post by Barbulus »

Loop. - if you get thru - include John and I please .... I'll supply the "chilli" again.

Harry H
Tench

Post by Harry H »

Something I have never done but it sounds just like trying to get a GP appointment on a Monday morning for my mother. :Brickwall: :hairpull: :Tongue:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Chris Bettis
Crucian Carp

Post by Chris Bettis »

The Redmire I wanted to fish is long gone I am afraid I have no interest in fishing the shadow that is left.

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Chris Bettis wrote:The Redmire I wanted to fish is long gone I am afraid I have no interest in fishing the shadow that is left.
A fair comment Chris, I would still like to visit though just so I could say I've been :Hat:

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Chris Bettis wrote:The Redmire I wanted to fish is long gone I am afraid I have no interest in fishing the shadow that is left.
Keep an eye on things and if all goes to plan she'll be back to her former glory in a few years... :Beg:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Kevin
Chub

Post by Kevin »

Hi Mushy
rule 2,i have a problem with,for me it is a question of ethics.

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

Kevin wrote:Hi Mushy
The amount of rods..or buzzers? Neither are compulsory.

Kevin
Chub

Post by Kevin »

Gurn wrote:
Is that all you have got :whistle:

Can you explain why anybody would need four rods on Loch Redmire?

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

Kevin wrote:
Gurn wrote:
Is that all you have got :whistle:

Can you explain why anybody would need four rods on Loch Redmire?
Can't say as I can. Have seen no-one do it in the last seven years on there either. I use two myself..Yatesy used three :tea:
Last edited by Gurn on Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Experimentation ? In much the same way with one rod you change from float to ledger to free line - top - bottom - somewhere in between; you can change line strength and diameter; change hook size; change bait; change reel; change style of rod; a wide variety of combinations and all part of the fishing experience.
When I fished Redmire last year I had four rods set up; two James MkIiVs; a more robust "stalker" and an Avon. One free line; one with a weight; one for surface fishing and the fourth with a float kindly donated by a rather generous individual in this Forum. Two of the four were matched with a centrepin and two with Mitchell 300s. I mainly used just the one whether float or top or bottom. Occasionally I would fish two rods with the others propped against my little canvas ridge tent. At night I had two rods out until the dawn hours. I chose not to use "buzzers" rather centrepin ratchet and a "stone" and plastic lid top. Sometimes I sat in a chair; sometimes I sat cross legged on the ground; sometimes I stood for an hour or three "hidden" in the Reedbeds; sometimes I "hid" behind a tree and sometimes I found myself lying face down "peering" carefully around the remains of the fallen oak. I fished with three others - two of whom are on this Forum and who previously I had not had the privilege to meet. We all had a truly fantastic time there and not one carp was caught by the four of us - I had some "heart stopping" moments as the float bobbed and "sailed away" and landed some stunning gudgeon throughout and the occasional eel - and at the risk of being immodest - all four of us are - at worst - "vaguely competent" anglers. It was however a truly great experience to camp out at such an historic place - quiet - peaceful - haunting - memorable - great companionship - misty chilled mornings - Kelly Kettles - the occasional single Malt.
As Gurn rightly says; it's not compulsory. If you want to use one rod then do so. It really is personal choice. For me, Redmire is an experience - one I enjoy - and how we as individuals chose to relax, unplug and rewind is a matter for how we get our individual piscatorial enjoyment.

Return to “Redmire Pool”