Redmire Phone Wars 2016

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
Barbulus
Tench

Re: Redmire Phone Wars 2016

Post by Barbulus »

Thank you Mark. If I get thru I will bid for four. I know who !

QuinetteCane
Rudd

Post by QuinetteCane »

I don't indulge but today I can feel the anticipation of those that do.
I wish you all a satisfactory outcome.

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

SofaSurfer wrote:In my mind I have an image of Redmire. Built from hundreds of pages and photographs. My image would be ruined by going there.
Wise words SS..to that I can relate...so we seek our own maybe...
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

I have never fished Redmire and probably never will, although I would really like to. I dont do night fishing, have no bivvy or camping/ overnight equipment for longer fishing sessions and so fishing for several days at a time has never been part of my fishing life.
However I do believe that Redmire is somewhere that most traditional minded anglers would really enjoy fishing. For those of you who think that Redmire no longer has any mystery or 'unknown' carp to be caught I think you are wrong - only time will tell - there is certainly a carp known as the 'long common' that has not been caught.
Also Redmire has almost certainly produced one or more unpublished captures of 'monster' carp - unpublished for good reasons.
The magic and mystery remains - and long may it do so.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

So many individuals, so many opinions, just as it should be. How boring if we all envisaged the same ideals in life.

I may speak as someone heavily biased, yet I'll never try with words to alter the opinion of anyone set against the idea. Each to their own is something which is becoming more and more emphasised every day for me, it is exactly why I go fishing to a local commercial lake wearing a deerstalker. I may get odd looks cast my way, I may get a chuckle as I walk past, but nobody is unkind out loud. By the same token, I do not snigger or poke fun as I walk past 3 matching black rods, all rigged up to alarms and completely redundant. Each to their own, it really is as important in angling as anything else, and I sit by that fully.

The same applies to this thread. A chance for those to wish each other good luck on one day every year they look forward to, have everything crossed and maybe, just maybe, see all their dreams come true. I think it slightly unfair that anyone would try to detract from that, to sneer or pass judgement. Yes a forum is for discussion and debate, but also to adhere to the topic in hand and not to seek to deviate just to belittle or have one's say. Perhaps another thread should be started if a discussion on the Redmire of today is to be stoked up again.

Me? I'll not be taking part this year. My second child will be coming into the world around the start of the new season, after June there will be very little angling coming from me at all, busy trying to cram it all in now. As for Redmire, I'll be going there a week today for 5 days with good friends. I'll not go into what I expect from the trip, why I go there, why the magic still survives, as this is to wish folk luck on this momentous day.

Sincerely good luck gents, and may Isaak be with you all. :Hat:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:So many individuals, so many opinions, just as it should be. How boring if we all envisaged the same ideals in life.

I may speak as someone heavily biased, yet I'll never try with words to alter the opinion of anyone set against the idea. Each to their own is something which is becoming more and more emphasised every day for me, it is exactly why I go fishing to a local commercial lake wearing a deerstalker. I may get odd looks cast my way, I may get a chuckle as I walk past, but nobody is unkind out loud. By the same token, I do not snigger or poke fun as I walk past 3 matching black rods, all rigged up to alarms and completely redundant. Each to their own, it really is as important in angling as anything else, and I sit by that fully.

The same applies to this thread. A chance for those to wish each other good luck on one day every year they look forward to, have everything crossed and maybe, just maybe, see all their dreams come true. I think it slightly unfair that anyone would try to detract from that, to sneer or pass judgement. Yes a forum is for discussion and debate, but also to adhere to the topic in hand and not to seek to deviate just to belittle or have one's say. Perhaps another thread should be started if a discussion on the Redmire of today is to be stoked up again.

Me? I'll not be taking part this year. My second child will be coming into the world around the start of the new season, after June there will be very little angling coming from me at all, busy trying to cram it all in now. As for Redmire, I'll be going there a week today for 5 days with good friends. I'll not go into what I expect from the trip, why I go there, why the magic still survives, as this is to wish folk luck on this momentous day.

Sincerely good luck gents, and may Isaak be with you all. :Hat:
Well said. I had the opportunity to visit once, in the winter, with some dignitaries and chose not to. I hope one day I might go to the place and cast a line or just to look. But I wish everyone best of luck in following their dreams.

I stood yesterday by a pool (just visiting some friends) and it is no exaggeration to say that at any moment a pike float could have dipped and the record smashed. But I had no urge to fish, only hoping that the nice guys I was with fulfilled their dreams and that I might be there to see such a creature.

Without dreams, what are we? Good luck chaps I say.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Crucian
Eel

Post by Crucian »

Good luck lads, follow your dreams...

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

I'm in..Five days in July. :huray: :dancing:

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Gurn - many congratulations to you.......it will be warm then too.....still trying here.............

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

Plenty of good dates still left Barbulus. I was even offered a June date but was concerned about spawning..Good Luck.

Return to “Redmire Pool”