redmire virgin

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
Snape
Bailiff

Re: redmire virgin

Post by Snape »

Interestingly Yatesy has said in the past that he regrets not giving his record fish a name. The title Bishop was not intended as a name but its rank in the Redmire hierarchy.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Seems odd that that the fish was packed off to a Zoo, why was that?
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Most big carp at the time were killed and set up in glass cases. Clarissa was special and instead of killing her it was decided to see if London zoo wanted something that special. I think it was around 1970 she finally died weighing in her high twenties.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:Most big carp at the time were killed and set up in glass cases. Clarissa was special and instead of killing her it was decided to see if London zoo wanted something that special. I think it was around 1970 she finally died weighing in her high twenties.
I can vaguely remember seeing her at the zoo along with Guy the guerrilla (no not in the same enclosure!) :Hat:

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Jeremy Croxall wrote:Seems odd that that the fish was packed off to a Zoo, why was that?

Dick wanted to claim the record but in those days the claims had to be witnessed and verified by members of the official records committee and that would mean killing it but Dick didn't want to kill it so he sat up all night chain smoking trying to figure out how to claim the record and let the fish live. In the morning he phoned the zoo and they sent a van with a tank.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Macko
Grayling

Post by Macko »

Ade76 wrote:Iv just been informed,Ill be enjoying the pool again in September for a couple of days
I was under the impression that every close season the phone call upon phone call for hours on end to book
a place was how it was done, if you're one of the lucky ones to get through. Seems that judging by the
above comment,it will be as I suspected, a waste of time phoning this year.

ATB Macko

Ade76
Bleak

Post by Ade76 »

Macko, it was a friend of mine that did the booking so it's just that's the date he picked, it's worth ringing through to see any dates left or keep checking the forum for any dates that come free.

Macko
Grayling

Post by Macko »

Well done Ade, let's hope you manage to bank something this time.

ATB Macko

Ade76
Bleak

Post by Ade76 »

Let's hope :Hahaha:

Return to “Redmire Pool”