redmire 2015

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
St.John
Tench

redmire 2015

Post by St.John »

The pond has filled up with weed as if by magic- it looks like it was 4 years. Great plans are afoot regarding 'future proofing' that little bit of Eden with help and advice from a very experienced source. There are also some new compulsory rules regarding fish health and safety.
The Benevolent Keven Nash has donated carp cradles and landing nets that are only for use on site and must be used by all anglers instead of their own kit. This is from both a biosecurity point of view as well as to ensure that anglers have the means to care for caught fish in a proper manner. It may seem paranoid to some but in my opinion it is a sensible and easy way of protecting the stock.
as Usual there will be a holding pen on the dam for any of those bloody ghost carp (there time is nearly up!!) And if anyone catches anything that remotely resembles a ghost carp it has to go in the pen!
The fish have been reassuringly uncooperative as far as I know (little darlings!)- I haven't had a full breakdown of what's been caught but when I nip down later in the week I will get some photos and have a proper look in the log book.
Although I am bias, the pond is looking the best I have seen it for ages- the new paths and pitches have weathered in, the wildflowers I planted last year appear to have stuck around and all in all I am very content with the place.
Last edited by St.John on Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be patient and calm-for no man can catch fish in anger."

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Re: redmire 2015

Post by Loop Erimder »

Looks very promising hoping for a place next season
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Excellent news Sin. Really really happy to read your report. I look forward to another trip and a mug of tea !

St.John
Tench

Post by St.John »

Barbulus wrote:Excellent news Sin. Really really happy to read your report. I look forward to another trip and a mug of tea !
Absolutely!

Raymire

Post by Raymire »

This is great news about the weed growth returning to this historic pool, and hopefully not to many severe winter deluges in the near future will keep the run-off from the fields to minimum. :)

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

Excellent news Sin. Just a weekend for me this year but nice to hear that all is good and plans are afoot.

St.John
Tench

Post by St.John »

Raymire wrote:This is great news about the weed growth returning to this historic pool, and hopefully not to many severe winter deluges in the near future will keep the run-off from the fields to minimum. :)
Absobloodylootly! The run off from the spud farms is without doubt the biggest issue to contend with. The reed and willow banks in the shallows help a tad, but on the main culpret I believe is between Hilton's and the stumps.
The weed seems to have helped towards filtering out the water and it is cleaner than I have seen it for a while.

GregF
Crucian Carp

Post by GregF »

Very pleased to hear that things are heading in the right direction for Redmire :Hat:
"Give up haste and ambition, close your mouth, only then will you comprehend the spirit of Tao" - Lao Tze

SparkyLee
Bleak

Post by SparkyLee »

Yes good news

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Just back from the pool this evening... Planning going well for the restoration work I'm delighted to say. The chaps fishing had caught a couple of carp between them as well, so it's been a lovely day. The highlight was Kim Richardson teaching me how to dowse while we were walking the wider estate. I now have a new obsession; it's really quite remarkable!

Return to “Redmire Pool”