Redmire Phone Bookings 2015

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
Redmin

Re: Redmire Phone Bookings

Post by Redmin »

Skeff wrote:I also believe that Redmire isn't beyond restoration yet.... I know the owners hold the long-term future of the pool close to their hearts and I'm sure things will be restored to the way they should be in time.
Hi Skeff - apologies if you've already seen this (and hope the admins here won't mind me cross-posting the content):
Friends and observers of Redmire Pool will know that during 2014 a number of important concerns were raised about the water, namely:
  1. In recent years, changing agricultural practices have created new challenges with regard to silt run-off from surrounding farmland.
  2. There has been an unwanted introduction of ghost carp and
  3. there is an increased risk of otter predation as the otter population recovers.
As owners and manager of Redmire, we are keenly aware of our role as stewards of this heritage water and its Leney stock, and had planned several interventions during the approaching closed season. After taking further professional advice, we now believe a more ambitious programme of long-term works is required to truly safeguard Redmire for future generations.

The investment needed is significant and we are exploring several funding routes. Accordingly, the final timetable of works is still being finalised.

It is possible that some work will occur during the winter period of the 2015-16 season. For any bookings impacted, we will guarantee the equivalent dates in the 2016-17 season (at 2015-16 season rates).

Finally, we would like to thank all friends of Redmire, and the wider community, for the (at times understandably passionate!) discussions and kind offers of support. We plan to keep you updated of developments.

- Messrs M, R and K Richardson and S Bailey (owners)
- Mr L Bamford (manager)

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

I hadn't seen the post Redmin; It is great to see such long-term commitment to Redmire's future and the owners deserve our greatest respect and full support.....
Thanks and best wishes. Skeff

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

Hear hear :Hat:
Best Fishes
Mushy

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Absolutely. A considered and professional, encouraging commitment. Hope to see you there in a few months Mushy.

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

Let's hope so Barbulus !
Best Fishes
Mushy

GregF
Crucian Carp

Post by GregF »

Redmin wrote:Friends and observers of Redmire Pool will know that during 2014 a number of important concerns were raised about the water, namely:
  1. In recent years, changing agricultural practices have created new challenges with regard to silt run-off from surrounding farmland.
  2. There has been an unwanted introduction of ghost carp and
  3. there is an increased risk of otter predation as the otter population recovers.
As owners and manager of Redmire, we are keenly aware of our role as stewards of this heritage water and its Leney stock, and had planned several interventions during the approaching closed season. After taking further professional advice, we now believe a more ambitious programme of long-term works is required to truly safeguard Redmire for future generations.

The investment needed is significant and we are exploring several funding routes. Accordingly, the final timetable of works is still being finalised.

It is possible that some work will occur during the winter period of the 2015-16 season. For any bookings impacted, we will guarantee the equivalent dates in the 2016-17 season (at 2015-16 season rates).

Finally, we would like to thank all friends of Redmire, and the wider community, for the (at times understandably passionate!) discussions and kind offers of support. We plan to keep you updated of developments.

- Messrs M, R and K Richardson and S Bailey (owners)
- Mr L Bamford (manager)
Great to hear this.

Long live Redmire! :Hat: :Thumb:
"Give up haste and ambition, close your mouth, only then will you comprehend the spirit of Tao" - Lao Tze

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Fab news, thanks Redmin!!
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

J.T
Catfish

Post by J.T »

Good news indeed! :)
"piscator non solum piscatur"

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

60 calls and still going, so used to pressing redial I may even press this even if I get through :Hahaha:
Best Fishes
Mushy

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

100, time to switch hands !
Best Fishes
Mushy

Return to “Redmire Pool”