Tench

Re: Sad news at Redmire.

Post by Barbulus »

Not when I was there

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

I'm pretty sure that the four rod rule has been in place for many years. Hilton Era ?..I normally use two at night and one in the daytime.

Jardine
Perch

Post by Jardine »

Gurn wrote:I'm pretty sure that the four rod rule has been in place for many years. Hilton Era ?..I normally use two at night and one in the daytime.
Is it fished by 4 anglers a day?
And do you think it might be time to amend that particular rule to 2 rods?

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Why not write to Les or the Richardsons and suggest it ?

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

Jardine wrote:
Gurn wrote:I'm pretty sure that the four rod rule has been in place for many years. Hilton Era ?..I normally use two at night and one in the daytime.
Is it fished by 4 anglers a day?
And do you think it might be time to amend that particular rule to 2 rods?
It is fished by a maximum of four a day during the season.Personally, I think if someone wants to use four rods then let them...It'll definitely decrease their chance of catching anything though...Sometimes less is more, especially as you're hard pushed to get two rods out of many swims.

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

Yes totally agree, you would struggle to fish more than two rods in most swims !
Best Fishes
Mushy

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

I wonder how many people who fish more than 2 rods at a time actually buy 2 licences?
Most people I have seen at Redmire have 2 or occasionally 3 rods out.
The most successful Redmire angler I have seen there fishes 1 rod (split cane) with a centre pin and float fishes no more than a rod length out over depth with the small float lying horizontal or half cocked or he floater fishes. He keeps mobile and packs away and goes to bed once he can't see his float and gets up at dawn. He has caught loads of carp to 28lb.
Proper fishing...
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Proper fishing indeed Snape - especially with one of those rather special hand made floats !

WindJammer

Post by WindJammer »

Springate used 4 rods in his time there. Also, I think Arbery too.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

As fishing Redmire back then was extremely difficult and not many fish being caught over the entire season I would guess that is why 4 rods were allowed to give them a fighting chance and maybe catching one or two. Times have changed a lot over the years and Redmire is still a difficult water mainly because there are so many lines in the water, all the fish have seen every possible bait but with 16 possible lines in the water, in such a small pool it's going to be difficult. I use to fish with 3 rods and float fish with one. Last month I only had two lines in. I would be in favour of a change of rule to 3 rods max. I guess many only have two out and some just one. So I reckon it won't upset many people to a 3 rod max
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Return to “Redmire Pool”