Allcocks Anglers Guides 1930's

This forum is for discussing Allcocks Anglers Guides from the 1930's.
OhMyGoodness
Bleak

Re: Allcocks Anglers Guides 1930's

Post by OhMyGoodness »

Do any have any pages relating to the Allcocks Bell sea centrepin reel 1932-47. I'd love to see photos of any pages.

Dokterhoo
Dace

Re: Allcocks Anglers Guides

Post by Dokterhoo »

Rod Fisher wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:08 pm
Mark wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:32 am 1934.jpg
1935.jpg
Isn't it plausible that if the one dated to circa 1925 is the 31st edition, that the ones labelled "list 34" and "list 35" are the 34th and 35th editions, likely circa late 1920s? I don't have either so I'm guessing. Can anyone elucidate?

Hi,
I have several of the "list" numbered catalogues and I believe the numbers are unrelated to a specific year.
Allcocks produced 2 types of catalogue, the smaller (A5 ish) size for the general public and a larger (A4 ish) size for the trade only - presumably with retail and wholesale prices including price per dozen etc. They also did an abridged A4 size for export abroad to the "dominions" etc..
Attached are pics of a list of catalogues held by the Forge Mill Museum dated 1995. The museum was right next to the Sports Centre where the Redditch shows were in those days and mostly had things for the needle and hook industries with a much smaller amount concerning fishing tackle, so we all had a quick look while in the area. Sadly I think it is long gone but the building is still there I believe.
When I get an opportunity I'll dig out all my Allcocks catalogues and add them to this post.

Hope this helps,
Dok

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Allcocks Anglers Guides 1930's”